• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

    New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

    This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

    Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

    Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Zacarias Moussaoui

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Interpol

New member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
1,581
Points
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Anyone else besides me think this guy deserved everything he got?

Spending the rest of his life in a supermax prison. From what I've seen what goes on at ADX Florence, I wouldn't wish that on my worst enemy - it's almost worse than getting the death penalty.
 

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
10,155
Points
0
Age
55
Location
Margaritaville
While i would say he deserved more than what he got, this is perhaps an inappropriate topic for the forums. It could be borderline political.
 

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
10,155
Points
0
Age
55
Location
Margaritaville
As far as the prison, I suspect he will be in Solitary for most of the rest of his life, if he doesn't get killed first.
 

Interpol

New member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
1,581
Points
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
That's what a supermax prison is. Nothing but solitary confinement 23 hours a day, with 1 hour spent alone in a walled space for exercise.
 

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
6,328
Points
36
This belongs in the snug.

Anyway, solitary confinement for the rest of your life is WAY too extreme IMO.
 

Sypher

transmissions94
Joined
Dec 20, 2003
Messages
2,237
Points
0
Age
33
Location
Cambridge, UK
Website
www.undergroundhiphop.com
Kristiano said:
This belongs in the snug.

Anyway, solitary confinement for the rest of your life is WAY too extreme IMO.
I was thinking about that - surely he would go completely mad (err, madder). It is infinitely more harsh than a death penalty.
 

neb

New member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
1,834
Points
0
Sypher said:
I was thinking about that - surely he would go completely mad (err, madder). It is infinitely more harsh than a death penalty.
Agree with it being harsher. I think it's the worst sentence he could have hoped for. I wonder if the jury shied away from giving the death penalty due to fear that extremists would herald him as a martyr.
 

turkeysix

New member
Joined
Jun 12, 2005
Messages
227
Points
0
Location
U.S.
Yeah, it's harsh. So what? You think crashing airplanes into public buildings isn't harsh? He deserved what he got.
 

neb

New member
Joined
Feb 11, 2005
Messages
1,834
Points
0
turkeysix said:
Yeah, it's harsh. So what? You think crashing airplanes into public buildings isn't harsh? He deserved what he got.
You think he did that? Of course he didn't, he's still alive.

To pin the events of 9/11 on him alone is foolish - but it seems a few Americans are confusing that.
 

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Joined
Jun 13, 2002
Messages
10,155
Points
0
Age
55
Location
Margaritaville
The fact that he was admitedly part of the plot is issue and was focus of the trial. He was not alone, he was just the idiot who got caught.
 

Amelie

<3
Joined
Nov 28, 2005
Messages
1,609
Points
0
Age
36
Location
New York
neb said:
To pin the events of 9/11 on him alone is foolish - but it seems a few Americans are confusing that.
I'm not sure how this fits in with the comments on this thread. No one said he was alone.

baggss said:
The fact that he was admitedly part of the plot is issue and was focus of the trial. He was not alone, he was just the idiot who got caught.
Ditto.
 

Nader172

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
869
Points
0
Now we're making all these movies. That Flight 96 movie, and their making one on the World Trade Center this summer. It happened only 5 years ago and I think I can remember without watching a whole movie about it. I just don't get why we're doing this...

Nate
 

Interpol

New member
Joined
Jul 30, 2004
Messages
1,581
Points
0
Location
Los Angeles, CA
Nader172 said:
Now we're making all these movies. That Flight 96 movie, and their making one on the World Trade Center this summer. It happened only 5 years ago and I think I can remember without watching a whole movie about it. I just don't get why we're doing this...

Nate
Why else do you think? MONEY.

If Hollywood thinks they can make a buck off making movies about 9/11, then they will.

However, from the reviews I've read, United 93 is supposed to be quite good as a movie.
 

Nader172

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!
Joined
Jan 7, 2006
Messages
869
Points
0
Yeah I heard that too. I'm just saying 5 years ago wasn't all that long ago, and making movies about ourselves getting bombed by some crazed highjackers seems un patriotic. Just my opinion...

Nate
 

-Shanks-

Account Frozen - Sock Puppet
Joined
Apr 29, 2006
Messages
21
Points
0
Location
Cumming, GA
Flight 93 was a pretty good movie. It was pretty amazing what they did with it in a sense. I was anxious and nervous during the end, even when I knew what was going to happen. They kept it pretty tasteful as well. Oh, the powers of film.
 

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
Joined
Jul 28, 2004
Messages
6,328
Points
36
Nader172 said:
Yeah I heard that too. I'm just saying 5 years ago wasn't all that long ago, and making movies about ourselves getting bombed by some crazed highjackers seems un patriotic. Just my opinion...

Nate
Patriotic movie about the braveness of your firefighters, etc on the ground as well? Not exclusive ya know.
 
Top