• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

YouTube Videos

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mr.mia

Hi ya'll, i remember reading something about youtube.com which lets you download .mp4 files.. is this true? if so, can anyone link me please? thanks

kornchild2002

Currently, with Internet Explorer, you can't download YouTube videos as they are flash videos that stream off the internet. However, there is a nifty little plug-in if you use the Mozilla FireFox internet browser that lets you download the YouTube videos. The only problem is that they are still in the flash video format. Still, you can use Google to search for a flash video to mpeg-4 video (or flash video to iPod) convert.

Mr. E.

Barca Lounger
Google videos has, or at least had at one time, an option to download videos in an iPod-friendly format. As far as I know, YouTube does not. There are ways to get YouTube videos into your iPod, but, unless it's changed recently, it's not very straightforward. You can use a Firefox extention to capture the .flv file, and then use iSquint to make a file usuable by the iPod. iSquint is a Mac program, so if you're on a Windows machine, you'll probably need something else.

azdaboss

Go to www.keepvid.com to download the youtube vid to your hard drive. Then convert the .flv file to .mp4 with a decent converter (do a google). I think "Total Video Converter" does it all.