You Have GOT To Help Me!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Ah...maybe if you scroll down, you might read the post related to this. My iPod won't charge! I went to the Apple Support site and I tried everything, from switching cables to restoring my iPod. I don't think that the iPod ISN'T charging at all, after I plug in the iPod for a while the back gets slightly warm, and I know it's not whats under it, my iPod sits on the top of the keyboard. Anyways, if it isn't charging, why is the back all warm? If it IS charging, then how come after 3 hours the battery still reads in the low reds? I don't understand because I was watching a movie last night for like an hour, and the battery DIDN'T die, even though it read in the low reds. Has anyone experienced this before? Please help me!

And if you can't help, at least tell me how to e-mail Apple Support, I just got the iPod yesterday and getting tech support should be under my warranty.

I run Windows XP SP1 and I own an iPod 5.5G 30GB0

The Chappers

Website
www.myspace.com
Be careful, don't keep trying to charge it if it hasn't been working, it could (and would) fry your iPod, my friend had this, and it literally melted his iPod. He never got it fixed, and ended up just getting another one, so i'm not too much help on this one. Just a word of warning.

k0n

You should still be under warranty...do you have an apple store around you? I dont even mess with all that, I just bring it to the store and get it fixed.

On the other hand you should upgrade to sp2 :D

n2xe

Audio Evangelist
Website
www.n2xe.com
Geepers, get a freakin grip man!

Try this: Watch a video on your iPod after it's been "charging" for at least 4 hours. If you get about 2.5 hours of viewing time, your iPod was fully charged to start.

The battery status indicator is only approximate and it does need to be calibrated by running it down to nothing. Try that and be sure to let us all know how it works out. The suspense is killing us...

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Alright, thanks for your help. I'm still taking second opinions though. I really don't want to call Apple Support because that would be like surrendering to the power of iPod Technical Difficulties. I'm going to try that n2xe said. And no, the closest Apple Store to Vancouver (Canada) is in California, probably.

paranoidxe

Your computer has USB2 right? USB1/1.1 won't charge but will sync...also you might want to try a port on the BACK of the computer if you are using one in the front sometimes the hubs in the front of computers don't get enough power to charge items hooked up.

bwh79

paranoidxe said:
USB1/1.1 won't charge...
This is simply not true. USB1.1 will indeed charge just fine. Granted, my experience is with a nano, not a full-sized iPod, but we've only had USB2.0 for a couple of months, and we've been charging our nanos on this computer since June.

What you're not supposed to use are the USB ports on your keyboard (or perhaps the ones on the front of the tower as well, I don't know how those work) because they don't provide enough power. Apple recommends that you connect to a USB port on the computer body itself. It's funny, because they say not to connect to the USB ports on your keyboard, and then they show a picture of a laptop (which doesn't have USB ports anywhere else) with the iPod connected through the keyboard port! Of course, they mean for desktops I'm sure, since the laptops put the ports wherever they fit.

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
It can't be a low-powered USB Port unless iPod Mini has different power requirements than the iPod Video. I previously owned a Mini and I charged it with the exact same port on the back of my PC. I thought it might be a faulty cable, so I used the old one that came with my Mini, to no avail. I DID try draining the battery until it died, and I charged it, it seems to be working, thanks to 'n2xe' for suggesting this, my iPod is working properly now.

Thanks to all those who helped, you made my day.

(the not-so 'leet') L33tG4m3r

L33tG4m3r

iPod, therefore I am
Never mind, it STILL doesn't work. I went to the Apple Support site again, and I tried everything on their site. I'm going to keep trying for one more night, and if it doesn't work, I will be forced to take it back to Future Shop and exchange it.