• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

XviD to iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SFNE Freak

Mmm...videos
Website
sfne.com
I'm having a large amount of problems trying to find a program for OS X that will convert from XviD to H.264 or MPEG-4. I've tried ffmpegX and iPSP; neither work.

What else is there to convert XviD to iPod-compatible formats?

xjeffx

Website
www.jeffpatch.com
Wrxified said:
:rolleyes: Go trim the mullet.:D

ffmpegx should work for you. One of the guys on the forum here has a great write up on
Thanks for the plug Wrxified.

A lot of people are having problems still and I finally realized that it has to do with the new FfmpegX version 0.0.9t. For some reason I receive this error message in Quicktime when trying to playback the mpeg4 videos that it creates:

Code:
QuickTime cannot open the file: "xxxxxxx.ff.mp4"
an invalid sample description was found in the movie (-2041)
I'm using the same settings on the same videos as I tested on my other computer, but it is running 0.0.9s, not t.

I can't seem to find the .9s version to download so I don't know what to tell people now. Somebody just released a video ipod preset that I will look into.

P.S. I'm a wrx driver as well.

xjeffx

Website
www.jeffpatch.com
I just found the -s version for download. The method described in my tutorial above works perfectly with it. I have no idea why the files don't work with Quicktime/iTunes in the new -t version.

You can get it at:

homepage.mac.com/major4/ffmpegX_0.0.9s.dmg

soymilk

Don't try to encode in h.264 with FFmpegX

I've been using mpeg4 encoding and that works fine for me. Just set it to psp.