• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Xilisoft - comment and tips

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

spr02072

I have, out of sheer laziness...(not to mention lack of free time) chosen to use Xilisofts DVD ripper. A single program that both rips and transcodes commercial DVDs and does a good job of it. (also automatically retrieves chapter names and more) I dont want to bother having to seperately rip and then encode things etc.

Aaaanyway.... one thing I found that took me a while to figure out - I had trouble with audio getting out of sync with the video on several movies. If you look closely, I found that some DVDs (Monty Pythons Holy Grail & Finding Nemo for example) appear to have the source framerate on the DVD listed as 24 frames per second. Xilisofts defaults to 'keep original' and if you leave it that way, the audio rapidly and badly goes out of sync with the video - even if you check the 'force audio sync' option. Simply set the default frame rate to 29.97 and all is well. (Or use PAL setting.. whatever.... the point is, dont leave it on 'keep original'.)

-------------------

I bought version 4 in Dec... and they sent me a key for both version 4 and version 5. I just noticed today that Version 5 is available on their website so I dont know what new features or functionality have been added. I do see thay bumped the price up from $45 to $55 bucks.

coociy

Banned
spr02072 said:
Aaaanyway.... one thing I found that took me a while to figure out - I had trouble with audio getting out of sync with the video on several movies. If you look closely, I found that some DVDs (Monty Pythons Holy Grail & Finding Nemo for example) appear to have the source framerate on the DVD listed as 24 frames per second. Xilisofts defaults to 'keep original' and if you leave it that way, the audio rapidly and badly goes out of sync with the video - even if you check the 'force audio sync' option. Simply set the default frame rate to 29.97 and all is well. (Or use PAL setting.. whatever.... the point is, dont leave it on 'keep original'.)
i've ever met the same problem as u, and xilisoft support person taught me to adjust the frame rate at several numbers, and it worked.

spr02072 said:
I bought version 4 in Dec... and they sent me a key for both version 4 and version 5. I just noticed today that Version 5 is available on their website so I dont know what new features or functionality have been added. I do see thay bumped the price up from $45 to $55 bucks.
i guess you might download the wrong version, upgrade from DVD RIPPER Plantinum 4 to 5 is totally free, version 5 is $45. they released a program called "xilisoft DVD Ripper ultimate 5" last Friday, and this one costs $55, u may made a mistake.

spr02072

Update - Actually - the audio/video sync problem is most often cause by the option 'Detect progressive 24hz' being on. The first 3 'problem' dvds I tried to re-rip with this option disabled, all came out perfectly.

The suggestion to disable that option came from Xilisoft tech support, and it appears to correct audio sync problems if they occur.

coociy

Banned
:) you know, i have ever met the problem that i was ripping Pirates 2 to ipod video, and i got video stuttering on the finished file. I checked 'Force Progressive 24Hz' option, and it worked. :D

localinmotion

Thanks for posting this...even though it was years ago :) I am using their HD Converter...as a free download trial, is that why I don't see the Force Audio Sync Option.

Thanks

Yasin

Hi my dear friends
I have a very strange problems. Please tell me about Its soloutions.
when I merge selected video files, It shows very Big and strange size. 600Gig !!!
But when I add(+) video sized It was been 2.2Gig

I have a picture for this But I dont have permission for insert Links...
Please Help me...

ColombianLove41

:) you know, i have ever met the problem that i was ripping Pirates 2 to ipod video, and i got video stuttering on the finished file. I checked 'Force Progressive 24Hz' option, and it worked. :D
Do you mean you turned it on or off? The problem I am having an issue that when I convert a DVD, the video is choppy. I've moved the frame rate up and down and no change. And ideas?