Wow!! Apple service is freaking awesome!!

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

torchedlh

New member
Joined
Jun 28, 2003
Messages
417
Points
0
sunday night i filled out an online service form for my somewhat-defective ipod remote. basically, every so often, the left and right sound channels will come in and out randomly. anyway, it took me less than 10 minutes to fill it out. i clicked "submit" and then became confused by the lack of information on the following page. i had expected instructions on how to ship my remote to them, or to wait for a box to be shipped to for that.

anyway, today (tuesday) i get home and i find a package on my porch from apple. i open it up, and i see it's a brand new remote sealed in the silver packaging. it says absolutely nothing about returning my first one. obviously, i was very surprised. i just wanted to say that apple has the best product support i've ever known!! i mean, not only did not make send in my remote, i received the replacement in 2 business days!! now that is service.

anyway, now i have two remotes, and obviously don't have a need for two. if anyone wants my first remote which works 99% of the time just let me know. just pay the shipping and it's yours. i figure i should pass on the nice deed that apple did for me.
 
Last edited:

dmt1

Dismember
Joined
Apr 23, 2003
Messages
2,544
Points
0
Age
54
Location
Third Rock From The Sun
Website
users.domaindlx.com
See Bob? You just have to learn how to deal with the folks at Apple. A well written letter to the Apple Ipod website with constructive criticism and polite requests are WAY out of bounds, and, as is only fair, Apple has the right to punish you with bad foot odor, halitosis, and/or embarassing flatulence, or even worse: threats to banish you from their website.

All of this can easily be avoided by performing an animal sacrifice, self-mutilation, and frequent tooth brushing.
 

mongoos150

New member
Joined
May 10, 2003
Messages
1,052
Points
0
Location
Tucson AZ, USA
Indeed, Apple support rocks. From making my request for my iPod to be replaced, to getting the packaging (to send the old iPod in), to shipping the defective iPod out and receiving the new iPod was all in less than a week. It really is amazing for a bing company like that to be so efficient.
 

LukeM

New member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
10
Points
0
Location
London E11, UK
Yes, the Apple service is very good. I bought my original iPod in Las Vegas - very loud but with a dodgy screen and faulty headphone socket - so I couldn't just take it back to the shop when I got home to the UK.

Now my defective replacement iPod (it keeps crashing and resetting itself) has just been DHLed back to somewhere in Amsterdam for a good seeing to.

I am not having much luck with iPods. Third time lucky?

-Luke
 

Tommo43

New member
Joined
Aug 15, 2003
Messages
8
Points
0
Location
Chelmsford UK
Apple service

Lucky you. I have found the service non existent. I have two ipods the first is fine. The second is US I can't get my computer to recognise it> I've searched all the relevant help issues. sent e mails and not even got an acknowlegement let alone an answer.
I finall managed to get through to a help line and after about five minutes the lady put me through to (specialist support) What a joke. the guy on the end of the phone new less than I did

Apple service in my opinion is RUBBISH nice i pod though
 

ipoderkid

New member
Joined
Aug 17, 2003
Messages
4
Points
0
Age
31
I found it to be horrible

I thought apple had the worst service ever. I first went to apple.com. Then it told me to call 1-800-MY APPLE so I did. Then they told me to call Tech Support. Then Tech support told me to go to the website. After about three times I had to scream at the rep to get me his supervisor and his supervisor finally gave me a site to go to to send my ipod back in. Then the site wont work so I call tech support and they set me up and say they will send out a box. Three weeks later no box. Turns out the people at Apple send it to the wrong address. So I call and get another one in about a week and send my ipod back. That is where I am now and I am waiting for my poor little ipod to come home.
 

mongoos150

New member
Joined
May 10, 2003
Messages
1,052
Points
0
Location
Tucson AZ, USA
If you have a problem with an Apple product you call 1-800-APL-CARE not MY APPLE. MY APPLE is for purchasing. I have had wonderful experience with the Apple phone techs.
 

Riceboi

Homeless Member
Joined
Jul 18, 2003
Messages
228
Points
0
Age
33
Location
Georgia
LukeM said:
Yes, the Apple service is very good. I bought my original iPod in Las Vegas - very loud but with a dodgy screen and faulty headphone socket - so I couldn't just take it back to the shop when I got home to the UK.

Now my defective replacement iPod (it keeps crashing and resetting itself) has just been DHLed back to somewhere in Amsterdam for a good seeing to.

I am not having much luck with iPods. Third time lucky?

-Luke
That's the oddest thing. I got my iPod from Las Vegas as well. Did you get it from The Fashion Show's Apple Store? I got mine there and my screen was faulty and i later got it exchanged over in L.A. It's a consipiracy i tell ya! ok maybe not :rolleyes:
 

Tommo43

New member
Joined
Aug 15, 2003
Messages
8
Points
0
Location
Chelmsford UK
Apple service continued

Good news.
After spending all weekend going through the knowledge base and e mailing musicmatch(They at least provide a brilliant service) I came to the conclusion that the pod was (not working properly) the give away was that my pc kept freezing. I eventually found a number to contact in the UK and spent an hour on line talking to (this time) someone who knew what he was doing.
The result is they are going to send me a BOX by DHL
I'll keep you posted
ps In the afternoon I got an e mail back from apple in reply to my original e mail four days previously naff or what?
 

LukeM

New member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
10
Points
0
Location
London E11, UK
Riceboi said:
That's the oddest thing. I got my iPod from Las Vegas as well. Did you get it from The Fashion Show's Apple Store? I got mine there and my screen was faulty and i later got it exchanged over in L.A. It's a consipiracy i tell ya! ok maybe not :rolleyes:

No, the Fry's store. Great shop - I wish we had something that big in the UK.

Of course, it would've been even better if the iPod they sold me had worked ;)
 

LukeM

New member
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
10
Points
0
Location
London E11, UK
Re: Apple service continued

Tommo43 said:
Good news.
After spending all weekend going through the knowledge base and e mailing musicmatch(They at least provide a brilliant service) I came to the conclusion that the pod was (not working properly) the give away was that my pc kept freezing. I eventually found a number to contact in the UK and spent an hour on line talking to (this time) someone who knew what he was doing.
The result is they are going to send me a BOX by DHL
I'll keep you posted
ps In the afternoon I got an e mail back from apple in reply to my original e mail four days previously naff or what?

Hang on in there...

My DHL box arrived last Thursday and a brand new iPod arrived this morning. I don't suppose they even looked at my old one :p
 

Tommo43

New member
Joined
Aug 15, 2003
Messages
8
Points
0
Location
Chelmsford UK
I want to believe. The i pod that works is great no really great. The service leaves a lot to be desired. I got the following reply today Tuesday to an e mail sent to apple Thursday
" we would advise you to speak with our Apple Care Technical Support line who unfortunately do not have an e-mail facility."
Can you believe that no e mail facility in this day and age.
I still want to believe
 

iamaustin

New member
Joined
May 11, 2003
Messages
523
Points
0
Age
33
Location
connecticut
Website
www.austina.net
Phones are better than email... phone is realtime, email is delayed, Technical support relies on realtime answers to their questions to help diagnose problems.
 

Tommo43

New member
Joined
Aug 15, 2003
Messages
8
Points
0
Location
Chelmsford UK
Yeh Point taken. It was really difficult in finding a phone number. the only one I had was for the Apple Shop in Eire which was 9 to 6 monday to Friday. I was just deperate for some action from someone.
 
Top