• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Working video, easy and free

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

brownstonemr

Yeah I guess for TV shows 64kbps is fine. However I don't think I am gonna put to many cinema movies on my ipod or Tv shows. I wanna put concerts and music videos on it. For this the audio quality has to be as good as I can get it.

ChrisV

So what about widescreen? I converted a movie and when I tried to play it on the iPod, it was all stretched out. Any specific settings to get it in the proper aspect ratio?

BSI

ChrisV said:
So what about widescreen? I converted a movie and when I tried to play it on the iPod, it was all stretched out. Any specific settings to get it in the proper aspect ratio?
It looks like in Videora you can change the default aspect ratio to 1:1. Try that. Not sure though.

So what type of files does Videora accept? How is everyone converting DVDs to files that Videora takes? I understand that there are similar threads but I want to know how people are specifically doing it for Videora here. Thanks.

Scarpad

When you use 320x240 1:1 is for standard Video, 16x9 would be widescreen. I'm wondering if doing a SP file at 1500kbps (What I always used to encode my files in) would yield a better image on the device than a 768kbps AVC file ? The file size would definately be larger as a ASP file at that rate would be about 400 meg for an hour show

Don G.

Great info. I was having the same problem with the h264 setting....i'll have to try it in sp and see if it works.

imullarney

Hello all,
I am new to converting video and all so i have a few questions
I am using the videora converter to convert videos to the correct format but i am having some problems. i am using the suggested SP/320X240/768kbps Stereo/128kbps for encoding but when the video is finnished the encoded video will not play in any media player. I get a video that sha s few still images throughout the time of the video. but i get sound all the way through. i have tried a few different settings but it is still the same. So all i get is sound with a still image. What can i do or what am i doing wrong???

imullarney

I CANT EVEN GET MINE TO WORK!!!!! AHHHHHHH WHAT THE HELL! i have no idea what is going on and why it dosent work at all.

x65o

can someone tell me why when mine is done encoding the sound is off from the video?

nevermind guess it was the video itself, used another video worked nice

Last edited: