• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Working video, easy and free

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

dakdakdakdak

I did it I did it.
FInaly solved i am soo happy. All you need is Videora iPod converter. Free form their website. Very quick to install and easy to use.
********The settings must be adjusted a little. insted of using the default H264 or whater it is, click on the scrole down menue where you are supposed to chose the type of encoding, and select SP/320X240/768kbps Stereo/128kbps
Works great and looks amazing.
you don't have to use that exact one, you can choose from a few other bitrates. It must be SP thought, and it must be ipod resolution.
Good luck.

Just use the link
http://www.videora.com/en-us/Converter/iPod/download.php
and wait a minute and it should start downloading automaticly

whereIsMyIpod

cool man. can you post some specs about the video you compressed (like the running time and original codec) and the time it took to encode it?

dakdakdakdak

shure np.
it was an episode of scrubs. about 22minuts long. proboly took between 20 and 30 to encode. At the full quality it was about 134 MBs
and at half quality about 71MBs

the original was AVI, probobly a dvix, but i don't know.

It will work with .vob i think. FYI it is by the same people as PSP 9 so it will work the same way.
Good luck

whereIsMyIpod

nice! so basically, quicktime pro 7 is a joke since :

a) it costs money

b) it takes damn near 10 hours to encode big files.

How nice do the videos look? Can you sit and watch the thing and just feel like your watching normal tv? Is the size of the screen a huge deal or do you get used to it?

dakdakdakdak

if you go into settings, you can set it so that it will always default with the correct encoding method. Also, you are able to Que up videos and let it run through. i have three comps running doing three different seasons of shows

dakdakdakdak

Video looks great on ipod. sound is good to. I don't know how long it will take for a movie, one comp is doing it right now, and it was estimated at about 1-2 hrs.
Does not solve the problem of wide screen though

colombiandj

Yeah I've been using this program for the past week to convert all my videos to the perfect Ipod format. I love it! :D

mpb2000

So, can anyone confirm that the H264 conversion from videora does not work? And by the way, what does SP on there stand for?

dakdakdakdak

I can confirm that all the files i encoded using the H264 thing didn't work on my ipod, iTunes said that the ipod could not read that format.

I think SP stands for Single Pass

videora

Website
www.videora.com
SP basically means encode video using MPEG-4 Advanced Simple Profile or more simply "MPEG-4" as Apple refers to in their iPod specs.

Why H264 doesn't work is still quite perplexing.

brownstonemr

It may be working video but is it workin audio. Using the setting u listed and many other settings I have yet to get a converted file with 128kbps audio.

When I open the converted video in winamp to read the audio bitrate it states it is 64kbps audio and not 128kbps.

Any ideas?

Thx!

Scarpad

I actually encode all my TV shows at 64kbps audio, not much of a point any higher it does''nt sound much better. H264 is a bit better codec, it produces better looking files, smoother at lower file sizes and bitrates. Apple should support this format , and something has to work other than QT which is a dog performance wise.