Work iPhone - Apple Music only with my I.D?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DJSimonmurray

Hi,

I have an iPhone issued to me by my work. At present i do not use my core Apple I.D on it because i'm not sure what i can/cannot sync to it and subsequently control same.

I would like to input my core Apple I.D into the phone purely to access my iCloud music library through my iTunes match subscription.

However absolutely no interest in adding my private mail, contacts etc, or any other data which is on my personal mac at home.

How realistic is this to achieve?

Im thinking utilising home sharing on Music might be the best way, which i have used already, however was wondering is there a way to sign in with the core i.d but basically limit it to music, no iCloud mail, contacts or any other stuff that i don't want on my work phone?

Appreciate any help/input

Best

Simon.

cjmnews

Staff member
You should check with your IT department for rules on usage. They may you to do add your Apple ID to get updates to the apps and security updates.

You can add your Apple ID, and disable syncing of all data you want to stay off of the phone. Though not as tightly as you might wish.

You may want to experiment with your personal phone. If you disable iCloud, can you still use iTunes Match? I suspect not.

You can disable syncing of data between iCloud and your device like contacts, Photos, Key Chain, iCloud Drive, iCloud Mail, Calendars, Safari, etc.
If you don't add your personal email account on the work device it won't have access to it.

I would think with the Apple ID, and careful configuration of iCloud, it should do what you want, but not 100% sure.