• iLounge and the Discussion Forums are read by people in countries all over the world. The legality of DVD-to-iPod ripping will vary based on your country of residence. iLounge does not in any way endorse violation of the valid rights of copyright holders, and strongly recommends that you consult your country's copyright and fair use laws before copying any video content.

Words of Wisdom.....

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

randomdude

Banned
ello everyone

I own an iRiver h320 (used to play only music but then a firmwire update came out allowing it to play video) and the whole video process was a huge ordeal and the start. The only method to encode videos was like the long proccess in the sticky above me. But now, about 6 months after, its as easy as dragging and dropping your movie into a folder and its converts it for you.

So everyone when u get your new ipods, have patience.

Secondly, this is the iriver h320 forum:

http://misticriver.net/forumdisplay.php?f=83

which will answer many questions people have about video.

Admin take note, a sub forum will need to be required for just video support.

Drag and drop encoding, as well as the program iriverter, can be adjusted to encode for the ipod, and if theres enough interest ill do it for you.

Thirdly, at misticriver we set up a webpage were people would post there ipod encoded videos so everyone else could get them without the hassle. It worked well and the same should be done here.

thats about all i got to say.

p.s woot first post
p.s.s yes i bought a new ipod (black of course)

Last edited by a moderator:

Edalgo

Hey thanks for the words of wisdom man, I'll bet your right that things will get simpler as time goes by. Ill check out that site and see how its goin.

-Edalgo

Edalgo

Thirdly, at misticriver we set up a webpage were people would post there ipod encoded videos so everyone else could get them without the hassle. It worked well and the same should be done here.
Hey I cant seem to find this section, Ive got some stuff I can contribute (funny movies my bro and I made)

-Edalgo

mpb2000

Sounds great. The current process is obviously very tedious. If iriverter was configured for the ipod that would be awesome.

randomdude

Banned
argh i cant find the site. maybee these arnt words of wisdom after all lol.

my thoughts excatly mpb, ill start looking into it now and keep you posted

randomdude

Banned
if i bought i website for the purpose to upload and download videos in ipod format, would everyone be interested? or wouldnt it be worth my time

Edalgo

That is an interesting idea Random, I would definitely download/upload if the videos were good quality.

-Edalgo

csrx

You havent gotten many responses, but EVERYBODY would want a site like that. I was thinking of setting one up myself, but extra time is whats holding me up.

randomdude

Banned
yeah thats what i thought

maybee we should combine forces to make an uber website

randomdude

Banned
ahah its not hard to do, that took about 2 mins to set up.

But of got nothing else to do, so here it goes........

edit: got any good ideas? or anything to put on the site?

edit edit: if i was to buy i site, is it possible to make enough money of ads to breakeven?

Last edited:

csrx

Setting up the site wouldnt be that hard. I'm more concerned with the legal ramifications. If it becomes as popular as you would like it to be, it will most likely be shut down because of the content you will be hosting.

csrx

The best way for us to trade these files is through megaupload, filefront, etc.

We just have to find an organized way/place to list them so people can access them and share their own uploads.

randomdude

Banned
yeah at that little site i made, in the downloads sections there will be links to where you can download the clips, movies ect.

i put an example there for you
ipodvids.8m.com