Witty things engraved

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Hect0r

I was just wondering what sort of things people have engraved on their ipods or things they think would be neat to have engraved. Aside from your name.

TSchiewe

Im waiting for mine but it will say:

Live by the Gun,
Die by the Gun. - Tupac

It sounds bad but i dont think it is and Tupac is one of the best rappers that ever lived!

skippyrulz

i got mine today. not necessarily too witty, but it says "you are not your iPod".

ex-machina

further to that eBay line

"This is Tom Cruise's iPod. I swear."

I'm sure you can find two saps who'll believe that, and on eBay, two is all you need!

XGamerX

iPodSoft Developer
Engraving

By far the most practical iPod engraving is to engrave your full name and phone number. If you do so, no one could keep that without feeling quite a hefty amount of guilt knowing exactly who the owner is and how to contact them.

Ichijoe

All Rush, All the time...
Hummm lets see...

'My other DAP is an iRiver!' ??

or

'iPod ???250(EUR) In-Ear's ???38(EUR)
Music from Kazza++ PRICELESS'

narci

For people who live in Canada and engrave thier IPODS with a phone number, what happens when you move? Unlike the US, we don't have number portability.

apetaster

Many of the ipod engravings I have seen (aside from the contact info for the owner) are along the lines of high school yearbook quotes...they seemed like a good idea at the time, but a few weeks or months later, they can sound quite silly or pretentious. Think it through before going for it.

Also has an impact on resale value (ebay.)

Last edited:

UltimatePG

My iPod is engraved with "Everytime I play something illegal, god kills a kitten"

I decided on doing something funny instead of the usual name and phone number. It never fails to get a laugh when someone wants to see my iPod.

UltimatePG

crazy_azz_mat said:
^^is that supposed to discourage from downloading music then? :D
Pfft. I'm a college student, not santa.

But, it would be funnier if that was on the original ipod sticker (other than "Don't download illegal music").