Wireless keyboard with case

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

bukzin

Just got first ipad (ipad 2 in white) and am thinking about buying
a keyboard/case combo.

Saw the "Laptop Buddy" 72-LS06 and liked it for the price.

Daily Deals, 1 Sale A Day

Anyone tried it? Looks a bit budget to me.

Thanks!

kornchild2002

Most of those keyboard and case combos receive poor reviews and I am pretty sure that model has been one of them. Part of the reason why they receive low scores is that they add a lot of bulk to the iPad and they turn a slate tablet device into something with the form of a cheap netbook (which goes against everything the iPad stands for).

Teechur

Website
www.teechur.com
I like the Apple Wireless keyboard. You can use it on a variety of things (I use it with my Air at work), and it's small and easy to carry. I think the idea of the keyboard/case combo is nifty, but the implementation seems flawed. I have the iPad2 cover and a skin on my iPad and that's it. I also have a "largish" bag that I carry my iPad and my Air and smaller purse in that is perfect for travel when I need both and can also take the keyboard.

Since the wireless keyboard from Apple is high quality, works well, and can be paired with multiple devices I would recommend it over any of the others.

Jesse Hollington

Administrator
Website
www.ilounge.com
The Apple Wireless Keyboard is our favourite pick among the staff here at iLounge as well, and we've tried just about all of the iPad keyboard options. The advantage of the Apple Wireless Keyboard is that it's a full-sized keyboard without being too big, doesn't have to be carried with the iPad all the time (so it doesn't bulk it up), and still allows you to use your choice of cases that are otherwise much better than most of the integrated ones.

Unfortunately, many of the other keyboard options are either too small, or use keys that don't really feel all that great (rubbery soft keys seem to be a common trend among such cases). Add to this the fact that most of the integrated cases are sub-standard compared to what you could otherwise get.

There's a list of the best options we've seen coming up on our iPad Buyers' Guide that should be released early next week.