Windows XP SP2 effecting my iTunes and iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

starperformer

I have been using my 4G iPod on my HP PC running Windows XP since the 4G came out. I have always used my firewire port instead of either of my USB ports. I have NEVER encountered problems syncing to iTunes... until the very next sync AFTER I installed Windows XP Service Pack 2 (SP2). Now I sync through firewire and iTunes starts to update my iPod, and I can see the iPod in My Computer as a external drive....BUT before iTunes finishes transferring all the songs/playlists, the iPod freezes, then disappears as a drive from My Computer, and iTunes says its updated.... Then I have to undock, manually reset the iPod, then restart the computer, then try it again to only find that the same thing happens all over again. The only difference on my computer between when my pod worked and now is the fact that I installed SP2. PLEASE respond to this message if you have had this problem and resolved it somehow (let me know if you restored your computer to a point before you installed SP2 and let me know if that worked).
Thank you for all your help. Us iPodders are a family, and Microsoft seems to be the alcoholism that breaks appart the very fabric of our relationship- our iPod.