Windows to Mac

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

iPod Dan J B

Hi Team,

My 11 year old wanted to listed to music on an iPod using his new Sony headphones so I found a first generation iPod nano for him to use. The last time this was synced was on on my IBM ThinkPad which has since been replaced with a Mac Pro. When I restored the iPod nano I got the following error message:-

"iTunes has detected an iPod that appears to be corrupted. You may need to restore this iPod before it can be used with iTunes. You may also try disconnecting and reconnecting the iPod."

I have tried restoring this iPod nano several times and also tried doing the same with a second gen iPod mini, however I keep getting the same message.

Any ideas on what I am doing wrong? Any help much appreciated. Thanks.

Dan

cjmnews

Staff member
The Mini iPods used actual hard drives, and yours is bad. Not much you can do with it at this point. You might be able to remove the drive, put it on a computer and use SpinRite to recover, but I doubt it.

The Nano on the other hand uses Flash memory, it should be able to be used. The first generation Nano was recalled due to battery overheating problem, it is possible that they told iTunes to disable any that remained after the recall period. Not sure. Did you buy this between Sept 2005 and Dec 2006? Then this is probably the cause.