Windows Explorer Popping Up ...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

blueboy714

with Strange Questions
... when connecting my iPod classic to my computer. It just started happened in one of the recent upgrades from Apple. I connect the iPod to my PC to download my songs to my iPod and the H: drive pops open. Not a big deal since I can just close it - but I'd like to know how to stop this from happening. Thanks blueboy714

Funky Discharge

I believe there's a way to specify what actions Windows takes when connecting a new drive (your iPod), with an option to open Windows Explorer. But for the life of me, I do not remember how to get to it so you can tell it to take no action.

No doubt someone will have that info available... :)

snowdog99

In Windows 7 its Control Panel>AutoPlay and change the setting for audio files to "Take no action" - looks like its currently set to "Open folder in Windows Explorer"

Funky Discharge

In Windows 7 its Control Panel>AutoPlay and change the setting for audio files to "Take no action" - looks like its currently set to "Open folder in Windows Explorer"
Thanks, snowdog - it's rough getting old; I can't even remember what I had for breakfast this morning... :D

blueboy714

with Strange Questions
Thanks Snowdog - Do you know how to fix it for Windows XP?

Last edited:

blueboy714

with Strange Questions
In XP open My Computer, right-click on the iPod, select Properties and you will find the AutoPlay tab.
Thanks - I did that, but everytime I close iTunes and disconnect my iPod - Windows Explorer will pop back up then next time I open iTunes and connect my iPod to my PC.