Will you buy the new iPhone?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Are you going to buy the new iPhone?

• Yes...I'm getting the 4 GB iPhone for $499.00

Votes: 9 4.9%
  • Yes...I'm getting the 8 GB iPhone for $599.00

Votes: 41 22.4%
  • I'm only buying if Cingular offers a rebate of at least $100.00

Votes: 1 0.5%
  • I'm only buying if Cingular offers a rebate of at least $200.00

Votes: 4 2.2%
  • I'm only buying if Cingular offers a rebate of at least $300.00

Votes: 10 5.5%
  • I only getting an iPhone if it's free after the rebate.

Votes: 7 3.8%
  • I'm going to wait until the price comes down.

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • I'm going to wait until other providers besides Cingular offers the iPhone.

Votes: 26 14.2%
  • No, I have no interest in the iPhone

Votes: 59 32.2%

• Total voters

kenkim

As cool as the new iPhone looks...I think the price points suck! Who is going to pay $500 to $600 for a new phone? Is Cingular going to offer any kind of rebate with a 2 year agreement. Yes...I would like to get my hands on the new iPhone but I don't want to spend over $200.

P.S. If the iPhone has WiFi, then why sign up for Cingular when you can make free phone calls over the internet?

Website
www.ilounge.com
Poll fixed (it was a multiple-choice poll, and did not have a "No" option)

I do not believe the iPhone will include VoIP WiFi capabilities (for voice).... The WiFi is only for the Internet access portions of the device, so I don't expect this to be a factor.

The iPhone is a premium device, in the same category as a Palm Treo, Moto Q, or Blackberry. It is certainly not intended to be a sub-$200 device like most of the normal basic cell phones.

podster1

Theres an "No, I have no interest in the iPhone" option to select. But come on, would'nt you get this if it were $200 or less?

haloguy628

jhollington said:
Poll fixed (it was a multiple-choice poll, and did not have a "No" option)

I do not believe the iPhone will include VoIP WiFi capabilities (for voice).... The WiFi is only for the Internet access portions of the device, so I don't expect this to be a factor.

The iPhone is a premium device, in the same category as a Palm Treo, Moto Q, or Blackberry. It is certainly not intended to be a sub-$200 device like most of the normal basic cell phones.
That's what Jobs wants you to believe. Imagine the surprise when you will try to install new apps (not "gadgets" real productivity apps) or sync with your corporate Exchange server. And I don't even want to mention the rising anger waiting for the pics and links to load in the browser using EDGE.

The fact is, this is pimped up 2G phone and not premium Smart phone.

Eragon

Wait for the surprise from Cingular when you get your next wireless phonebill. The cost of data plans unless paid for by work are pretty steep.

Eragon

The form factor on the iPhone will be a large determinant of its eventual success or failure. I recently got rid of my pocket pc phone because i got tired of its weight, the need for two handed operation, the lack of a truly effective case, poor speaker phone, and heavy reliance on sync with my desktop. The novelty of having such a device simply wore off. :shake:

spaceman1701

I have 2- 5th Gen 30Gig Video, 2-2 Gig Nanos and a shuffle and I have been waiting for the widescreen ipod since last June. What a disappointment to learn what the upgrade was. I WILL NOT BUY THAT IPhone!! I am in Canada and won't be able to access the Cingular network from here, so basically all of the phone and browsing features will be useless to me. Where is the normal Video widescreen Ipod? I have a phone with browsing capablities, that I dont use, why would I want a Ipod with it. Boo, Apple, this is a real let down for me.

Website
www.ilounge.com
Again, this is why this is not an iPod.... It's an iPhone. It's basically an entry into a smartphone-style space (there's room for interpretation as to what constitutes a "smartphone", but this basically fits in general terms), and happens to have iPod capabilities.

People have had no problem buying Sony Walkman phones, RAZR V3i's, and even Palm Treos and using them as MP3 players, despite the amount of memory in these devices being significantly more limited than the iPhone is going to offer. If you look at it from that particular viewpoint, it's not such a big deal.

I'm sure there will be a new iPod by next fall, likely with even greater capacity than 80Gb and probably some of the iPhone's design incorporated into it. This is most definitely not the next iPod -- it's an entirely different class of device.

ipodphoto30

I'd totally buy it if offered through t mobile.

I want it so badly. It's almost an addiction to wanna get one. I hope some how they can unlock it to other carriers.

MissCasey

As much as the iPhone looks.. interesting, I won't be buying it. I'm perfectly happy with my nano and cell phone, and won't be buying anything different unless they break. Even then, I'm not going to spend $500 for something like that. I barely ever use my phone so.. spending that much money on something that I will more than likely only use for the music and sometimes the int. (when I could just as easily get a labtop with a bigger screen to read things on) is not something I will be doing.

That and the fact that I wouldn't have enough money to spend on something like this.

You'd think the screen would get all fingerprint-y, as well. I haven't read up much on the iPhone, though, so if there is something that prevents fingerprints getting on the screen, sorry that I missed it.

I am assuming they would have one of those touch-screen pointers along with it, however.

Nader172

t3h ul71m473 h4xX0r!!1!
Nope. I'd love to see it but I just recieved a Sprint Samsung A640 for Christmas. I already have iPods anyway...

Website
www.ilounge.com
Actually, the screen is surprisingly resilient..... It doesn't smudge or fingerprint nearly as much as you'd expect, although obviously it's not completely fingerprint-proof.

It also does not include a stylus. Apple considers that something of a selling point, and as far as the idea that this should be very usable without a stylus, it really is quite an appealing design.

moe_4eva

Personally, all I use my phone for is calls. I've tried to use it as an MP3 player, among other things, but just can't do it. I use my phone for calls, my camera for photos, and my mp3 player for playing mp3's. Unless the price comes down, and there is compelling reason to switch, I won't be purchasing one any time soon.

melor

Website
www.melor.com
No, I won't be buying an iPhone. In a flash, however, I would buy an iPod with the same features except swap the phone parts for a 80GB drive, better battery ( removable please ) and wireless ethernet synchronization with my iTunes.

Paul