will video ipos play home-ripped audiobooks?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

javabird

I'm trying to decide between buying a Nano or 30 gb video ipod. The tech specs say the Nano plays M4A & M4B, but it doesn't mention those formats for the video ipod. I have a lot of audiobooks I've ripped from cd's in these formats.

Does anyone know if I will be able to play these on a video ipod, or do I need a nano?

backformore543

Well, as long as the audiobooks are on the same format as the ipod 30g ipod is it will play the audiobooks. If they arent buy a converter

javabird

backformore543 said:
Well, as long as the audiobooks are on the same format as the ipod 30g ipod is it will play the audiobooks. If they arent buy a converter
I guess I don't understand-- what do you mean "on the same format as the 30g ipod?"

dimmer

Lounge Lizard
The video iPod plays all the same file types as the nano (and more as it also handles movies). If the files play on the nano they will play on the video iPod.

javabird

dimmer said:
The video iPod plays all the same file types as the nano (and more as it also handles movies). If the files play on the nano they will play on the video iPod.
Thank you, that's what I needed to know. I just wasn't sure why they left out saying that in the technical spces on the Apple web site.

The information as to what formats will play on which iPod is located here:

iPod 101: Which Files Work With iPod and iTunes

As with video, any audio file that you can play in iTunes will play on your iPod, including MP3, AIFF, WAV (uncompressed), AAC, and Audible (.aa) files. All music and audiobooks purchased from the iTunes Store will play on your iPod. For audio file compatibility specifics, see this article.

iPod: About compatible song formats

javabird

honeybee1236 said:
The information as to what formats will play on which iPod is located here:

iPod 101: Which Files Work With iPod and iTunes

As with video, any audio file that you can play in iTunes will play on your iPod, including MP3, AIFF, WAV (uncompressed), AAC, and Audible (.aa) files. All music and audiobooks purchased from the iTunes Store will play on your iPod. For audio file compatibility specifics, see this article.

iPod: About compatible song formats
Thanks for the info, but it does seem a little confusing, since the specs only mentions Apple-purchased m4b AAC's. I was specifically concerned about home-created m4b files (not those purchased in itunes or from Audible), because I thought I remembered reading aehile back that home-made m4bs wouldn't play on some ipods.