Will replacing the battery affect the hard drive?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

dubz24

I have a 30GB ipod video. Its about a year old now and the battery is almost all wasted. I wanted to know if I get the battery changed by a professional will it affect my hard drive? Will I loose all my music? Is there any chance of this happening, because I have a lot of music and I don't want to loose it.

everunman

No you wont loose your music, not a good idea if you dont have your music backed up somewhere

laurenglenn

Definitely if you send the iPod out somewhere.

They won't guarantee that you'll get your music back and will probably just end up erasing it.

CopyTrans is a good program to copy the files off of it. If you have battery issues, connecting it to your computer should allow you to do this.

dubz24

Damn, this sucks so i definitely have to back up everything!!

dubz24

laurenglenn said:
Definitely if you send the iPod out somewhere.

They won't guarantee that you'll get your music back and will probably just end up erasing it.

CopyTrans is a good program to copy the files off of it. If you have battery issues, connecting it to your computer should allow you to do this.
CopyTrans? Does this simply save the music files as mp3 (or whatever format they are in) to your hard drive?

paranoidxe

dubz24 said:
CopyTrans? Does this simply save the music files as mp3 (or whatever format they are in) to your hard drive?
It can do that as well as back it up as a iTunes Library backup so you don't lose your playcounts, ratings, etc.

Toobs

It really shouldn't affect the hard drive unless you drop the drive while installing the battery. When you replace the battery on your 30 gig, there is no need to remove the hard drive.

The battery is located on the back upper hand of the IPod, near the headphone jack. There is no need to unplug the hard drive.

You need to be careful when you are taking the IPod apart. I accidentally cracked my screen when I was trying to take my IPod apart with the proper tools that came with the battery kit. I needed to replace my headphone jack, the screen and the battery.

I had to replace the screen twice because the first replacement screen was faulty.

Backing up your music is highly recommended, but when I got my IPod back together, everything worked fine and still working.

dubz24

Is CopyTrans the best or is there other ones? I just was simple backing up, I dont care about saving my play count or rating.

Toobs

Don't you have your music backed up somewhere?

Give CopyTrans a try and let us know.