Why purchase Apple TV?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Comfort

Website
amzn.to
Apple tv in its current format is not up to the level of the other apple products

kornchild2002

How so? It has integrated iCloud support; it works with Hulu Plus and Netflix; it can act as a display mirror for an iPhone 4S, iPad 2/3, and even model 2011+ Macs running OS X Mountain Lion; iTunes fully supports it for audio and video output; it has a small form factor making it really easy to hide; and it is extremely easy to use. How does that not make it on the same level as other Apple products?

gjrhine

Has anyone gotten Photostream to work on ATV in the last few days? I get "Apple TV can't connect to the server at this time".

GriffTechFan

Website
www.squidoo.com
I recently bought my apple Tv box and can't believe how incredibly cool it is to be able to use our devices on my wall mounted LCD, plus I now also don't have to buy and store dvd's anymore all of it can simply be on itunes ad then streamed, it is so much easier.

jasoncordelle

I recently bought my apple Tv box and can't believe how incredibly cool it is to be able to use our devices on my wall mounted LCD, plus I now also don't have to buy and store dvd's anymore all of it can simply be on itunes ad then streamed, it is so much easier.
I agree - mine was on special, so was an impulse buy - wasn't sure whether it was really going to be money well spent, but it has been awesome.

Just for the sheer joy of airplay mirroring and showing friends and family home vids and photos of interest (well - I find them interesting).

The crowning glory came when I recently bought my first iMac - airplay mirroring with wireless keyboard and mouse = a 32" widescreen monitor in the living room!

I think I have some inappropriate feelings for my Apple TV now...

Last edited:

GriffTechFan

Website
www.squidoo.com
That is something I have to look forward to as well then. I can't wait to get my iMac. My only decision I still have to make is do I want the 27 inch or the 21 inch

As for inappropriate feelings for eletronic gadgets, lots of cool stuff gets me highly excited as well.

Last edited:

infinitewisdom

I didn't think there was any use for the Apple TV. Got to love those impulse Apple product purchases though. I admit I love the thing. The UI is a little clunky at times (for example, searching video names on YouTube by pecking at the remote? Yuck), but overall it works without a hitch. I absolutely love how a ton of apps have integrated airplay support these days. Makes the Apple TV all the more useful.

Sparkee

Apple's Remote app on an iOS device makes typing on the Apple TV a breeze. If you select a text field which requires typing on the ATV the keyboard will pop up on the iOS device making it much easier to type.

jasoncordelle

Apple's Remote app on an iOS device makes typing on the Apple TV a breeze. If you select a text field which requires typing on the ATV the keyboard will pop up on the iOS device making it much easier to type.
And (in my case at least) the iOS device will buzz in your hand to let you know it's time to type.

PongChamp

I was thinking of buying the Apple TV but I ended up spending that money on something else :/

Well, I finally got Apple TV and so far I really love it. The only con I find so far for me is the fact it won't allow me to use playlists or have access to the ones I have in iTunes for movies and TV shows. I still have to use my iPod to do this. Overall, I really love it and I'm glad I purchased it. It was a toss up between the composite cable & Apple universal dock or an Apple TV. I still need the cable & dock to record onto DVD so I'll get that next.

Website
www.ilounge.com
Heh, welcome to the club Audrey. Glad you're enjoying it :)

Also, you can use Playlists for Movies and TV Shows, but it's turned off by default. Go into Settings, Audio & Video, and under Show Playlists change it from "Music Only" to "All" and the appropriate section will appear at the top of your Movies and TV Shows sections under Computers.