Why is my iTunes recognizing 1 album as 2 albums?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

DR0570

I downloaded iTunes on my hp and I put my music on it. From my pen drives. For some reason it is recognizing 1 album as 2 separate albums. It is a single album. It’s put all songs but one on one album and the one song on the other. Same exact album title same apexact artist same exact album artist same exact album cover...but being recognized as 2 separate albums. Can anyone explain why?? This is very irritating! I tried everything, I tried highlighting all the songs and going into get info, it still recognizing it as 2 albums. Why is it doing this??

Last edited:

cjmnews

Staff member
One song could be marked as a compilation where the others are not, or vice versa.

Check the options in Song Info for each track.

Other causes are trailing and extra spaces in the Artist or Album Name. I think you are looking at that already.

DR0570

I looked at everything, the spacing, everything is exactly the same. In fact when I highlight all the songs and click “get info” it gives me the name of the album, it doesn’t say “mixed”. So same with the artists name... so.....this is a puzzler.

cjmnews

Staff member
You didn't read the answer, here it is again in a step by step order
  1. Click the first song
  2. Right Click and choose Song Info
  3. Look just under Disc Number for Compilation
  4. Verify Compilation is NOT checked.
  5. Click the > (Right Arrow) button at the bottom of the Song Info window
  6. Go to Step 3, until you get to the end of the album