• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Why is iTunes so ugly?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mrdantownsend

mrdantownsend
Website
www.freewebs.com
As i just installed vista, I realized when I was using iTunes that it is very ugly.

I mean, they gray with the green rectangle at the top? It just doesn't match itself or anything else it coexists with [ex. aero theme]. Couldn't the company that designs the most eye catching innovative technology think of a nicer GUI? I mean come on! :mad:

LukeA

Website
luke.ament.googlepages.com
mrdantownsend said:
As i just installed vista, I realized when I was using iTunes that it is very ugly.

I mean, they gray with the green rectangle at the top? It just doesn't match itself or anything else it coexists with [ex. aero theme]. Couldn't the company that designs the most eye catching innovative technology think of a nicer GUI? I mean come on! :mad:
It's supposed to look like the one color display on an HTR or other piece of audio equipment. It's supposed to have a style of its own.

Your perspective is a little small-minded. You seem to think that the iTunes user interface was only designed for Windows Vista. This is not, and has never been the case.

Teqnilogik

Website
www.teqnilogik.com
It's the way it looks on a Mac. If Apple ever updates the Mac look they will update the Windows look for iTunes. I highly doubt that will ever give any of their products and exclusive look for Windows. Rule of thumb: if they change the look on Mac, it'll be copied in the Windows version.

If you want a media player that looks "nicer" in Vista, try Windows Media Player 11.

bdb

On the B side of life
By "ugly", is everyone talking about how cluttered it has become? Other than that, its just the same silver theme that its always been, so I'm not sure what the big deal is. It would throw off millions of users if they suddenly changed the interface.

But then, its become so bloated and dog-slow that I use it as rarely as possible these days.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
Teqnilogik said:
If Apple ever updates the Mac look they will update the Windows look for iTunes. I highly doubt that will ever give any of their products and exclusive look for Windows.
Some time ago someone posted a screenshot of their smart playlist dialog that looked way different (and better) than what I see in iTunes for Windows. I could be wrong, but here's what the dialog looks like for me:

For Mac users, does this look the same as when you create smart playlists?

Last edited:

pohatu771

A Bit Outdated
That's just because of Windows, though... it's not iTunes-specific.

And there are skins for iTunes.

Website
www.ilounge.com
Yes, the differences between the two graphics above are representative of the differences in the operating system, not the application.

Whichever application you're running just tells the OS to draw a dialog box and where to put the items in that box. The rendering of the actual components is handled by libraries within the operating system itself.

Generally, most Mac OS X dialog boxes are prettier than their Windows counterparts.

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
Thanks for doing the code right, Sr. Hollington.

Can Windows applications use their own styles? And does the Multiplugin skin the menus as well?

mrdantownsend

mrdantownsend
Website
www.freewebs.com
papayaninja said:
Someone could use some more RAM...

Anyhow, follow these steps.

Step 1: Download and install Multiplugin from Aqua-Soft.

Step 2: Use a preloaded skin or check this Deviantart page.

There you go.
wow thanks totally missed that post

I love those skins, really solved it for me :)

Thanks a bunch!

thought it seems like aquasoft is down for a while :shake: i guess ill get it later

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
mrdantownsend said:
wow thanks totally missed that post

I love those skins, really solved it for me :)

Thanks a bunch!

thought it seems like aquasoft is down for a while :shake: i guess ill get it later
No problem. I like to sneak an occasional useful post in between all the rest of mine. Anyway, good luck.