• Please note that signatures and avatars on iLounge are only available after reaching certain membership thresholds.

Signatures

In order to be able to have a signature, users must have been a member for 7 days and have accumulated 10 posts.

Avatars are reserved for only the most senior of iLounge forum members. Users will not be able to use an avatar until they have been a member for a minimum of one year, and accumulated 1,500 posts. This is considered the Veteran Lounger level of membership.

A note on post whoring...

We welcome and encourage our members to make valuable and useful contributions to the iLounge forums, and to have fun, socialize, and actively participate in discussions on the forums. However, as per the Forum Policy, we will not tolerate excessive and unnecessary posting. Posting inane and pointless messages solely to increase one's post count in the hopes of reaching a higher membership level will be dealt with by the forum staff. Unnecessary posts may be subject to removal, and persisting in this behaviour will result in post counts being reduced and any further action being taken as deemed necessary.

• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

Why is [img] code turned off in signatures?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

tntracy

iamic said:
Question for the super-mods / admins: Why can't we use the tag in the signature section of our profiles? (Kurt I noticed you snuck your little icons in there... care to fill me in?) [/B][/QUOTE]
I haven't asked Dennis about this yet (I will), but, after studying the vBulletin forum options, the problem I believe is one of image sizes in sigs. In the forum options, there is only one image size limit parameter that limits the size of [b]both[/b] images in thread posts as well as in sigs. We do not want to arbitrarily limit the sizes of images in postings, but then again, we certainly do not want huge sig images. Large sig images can be quite annoying in threads where the user who has one has posted multiple times.

So, since we cannot limit the size of just sig images without also limiting images in postings, we instead turned off sig images and left image size unlimited.

Does that make sense?

Tom

tntracy

Jackonicko said:
Answers the sig point, but not the Avatar size point.
Avatars on xsorbit were not uploaded to the board. Instead they were hosted somewhere else & linked to from there. So, size was not an issue.

Custom avatars on vBulletin are uploaded to and hosted on the board's server. Therefore, a practical size limitation is required. We doubled the default 50 x 50 to 100 x 100. 10,000 bytes, I believe, is a more than reasonable size limit for an avatar.

Tom

Jackonicko

Retired
I don't! Perhaps it was just the subjects I was looking at, but while there were plenty of possibilities below 200 pixels, there was very little below 100.

My intended (http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/mikejh/Basil Brush.jpg) was 200 x 160 or 120 x 120 (http://image.guardian.co.uk/sys-images/Media/Pix/pictures/2002/02/13/brush2.jpg)while great alternatives (http://images-eu.amazon.com/images/P/B00005MP6A.02.LZZZZZZZ.jpg) were even bigger.

Of course what I need is the latter, but with the text below Bas removed, and with an iPod blended in......

Bugger! I can't make the [ IMG] [ /IMG] tags work in the body of the post either!

Last edited:

iamic

tntracy said:
...Does that make sense?
Yes Tom, it does. You guys made the right decision given the circumstances. I'm feeling left out here - I've got no image or avatar to represent me :( (Hey... where's the crying smiley?)

BTW, according to the "Forum Rules" (bottom left of page),

Last edited:

tntracy

Jackonicko said:
I don't! Perhaps it was just the subjects I was looking at, but while there were plenty of possibilities below 200 pixels, there was very little below 100.

<snip>
That's what Photoshop is for. I had to reduce the resolution & size of my avatar.....

Tom

tntracy

Jackonicko said:
<snip>

Bugger! I can't make the [ IMG] [ /IMG] tags work in the body of the post either!
You can't use the "xsorbit" method of using the IMG tag:

{IMG}link{/IMG}

You have to use a slightly different construct:

{IMG=link}{/IMG}

(Curley braces {} used instead of square brackets [] so vBulletin will not interpret my example as tags.)

iamic said:
<snip>

BTW, according to the "Forum Rules" (bottom left of page), [/COLOR] code is [b]OFF[/b] [/B][/QUOTE]

I can't for the life of me figure out why it says that. Images are indeed enabled for posts in the vBulletin forum options. If you use the form of the IMG tag above (the second example), it works.

I have a PM into Dennis to see if he knows why it says that image code is off.

Tom

iamic

tntracy said:
You can't use the "xsorbit" method of using the IMG tag:

{IMG}link{/IMG}

You have to use a slightly different construct:

{IMG=link}{/IMG}

(Curley braces {} used instead of square brackets [] so vBulletin will not interpret my example as tags.)
I just found out in another post that using the "IMG" button on the post reply page does not work properly - clicking it enters the image url in the old xsorbit style.

tntracy

iamic said:
I just found out in another post that using the "IMG" button on the post reply page does not work properly - clicking it enters the image url in the old xsorbit style.
Yeah, I noticed that too, iamic.

I'm still confused by all this IMG stuff with vBulletin.... :confused:

At least there is a way to get it work, but I'd like to know why the other form doesn't and why we're being told that IMG code is "OFF".

Tom