Why do people complain about battery life?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Jonny5

It sucks. If I use the backlight or EQ settings my 3G iPod doesn't last a day at work. I 'upgraded' from a minidisc player that lasted me at least two work days of listening on a single charge. I've had the iPod die on me at work on several occasions. I certainly have to charge the iPod every night.

dave985

I think that after the holidays apple will get it together. I emailed them about a firmware upgrade that would turn off the screen, in turn saving more battery life. Im waiting for a thind party seller to release an IPod battery that has a higher mah. It very easy to make higher capacity small batteries these days.

pterion

One question. I have read in a lot of threads about people charging the batter until the pod read "charged", then unplugging and plugging back in to get it to charge more. Does anyone know if this actually does anything? Seems like a big flaw in the ipod if it is programed to say it is charged, and stop charging when its not really full.

I find I get like 3-4 hours tops when I play it loud, even without the EQ on, and no backlight. Plus, it seems to lose power even when its asleep and I have the keylock on.
But if you really want ot drain the battery fast, plug the ipod into a windows laptop with built in 4 pin firewire (no charging). This will kill a full charged pod in like 1.5 hours.

I hope someone gets a solution to this cause it is slightly annoying to pay 300$ or more for something and then get only half of the stated battery life (which was not great to begin with...)

breakaway1029

i just tested my battery today with about a 90% charge and it lasted exactly 8hrs 15mins. This was w/o backlight, EQ, or alarms. I predict that i could probably get 8.5 - 9 hrs if i had a full charge. I play my ipod about 50 mins a day, and when i get home from school (at 2:30) it goes right into the dock connected to my firewire port and it charges over-night.