why are breaks in tracks placed the way they are in live albums?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

robcharlus

Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. In my live albums, the track breaks are always placed so that any introduction for a song comes at the end of the prior track. I know that this is not an iTunes or iPod problem. But it seems very strange, and not great if you play your music on shuffle as I do. For example, the (in)famous intro to Bob Dylan's "Like a Rolling Stone" in Manchester where someone in the audience yells "Judas" is on the preceding track, and won't be heard with Like a Rolling Stone where Dylan shouting out the lyrics in a rage. I assume that this is done by the CD manufacturers. Anybody know why?

AndyH

Yes, whomever placed the "track markers" on the original CD decided that the tracks would be split in that location. It is possible to create different breaks, but it would involve quite a bit of work on your part.

sreighley

AndyH said:
Yes, whomever placed the "track markers" on the original CD decided that the tracks would be split in that location. It is possible to create different breaks, but it would involve quite a bit of work on your part.
Is there any software or plugin that can be used to edit these "track marlers"?

papayaninja

Better Than Cats
Website
www.google.com
It's generally better like that, so if you really want to hear the first part of Song X you just hit play on Song X and don't have to wait through sometimes boring banter or tuning.

For editing, try Audacity. Google it. You'll want to open both tracks in question, select the banter from the first track, Cut and Paste it onto the beginning of the second track. Give it a listen and make sure you split it right (specifically listen to the part where you merged the banter and the second track.)

cks2006

See if you can rip the CD as one track. Then cut and paste the selections as you want into individual files, either as wav/aiff or MP3.

Adam

Brushed Steel Guy
I record pretty much every live gig I go to, with about 30 or so done over the last year and a bit.

I put the split just before the song starts, as it were on the album. It doesn't really matter though, because my computer and MP3 player plays it gaplessly, so you don't even notice :D