Who wants to start an iLounge Nike+ challenge????

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Chrys

Hi all

I'm wondering if anyone is starting a most miles in a month or two weeks or whatever challenge? I just got the Nike+ and would be really interested in joining a challenge.

--chrys

RichardGA

Welp, it's the end of the month. So, someone wants to start a new, fun challenge I'm sure. We all know, most of us can't beat 100miles in a month, so let's try something a little different. Any ideas.

Count me in: [email protected] (without the - marks)

marydinkel

ANYONE INTERESTED IN A SEPTEMBER CHALLENGE?
Send me an email with your address if you'd like to join a Nike Challenge for September -- most miles in September.

No prizes -- other than the little "award" that you get at the Nike site. For me, the motivation and competition is enough to keep me going!

Mary Dinkel

marydinkel

A bike may be kinder to the blisters, that's for sure.

Just curious about what others use as their POWERSONG? I'm always looking for good running music. Naturally, we all have different tastes in music (I spent my teen years listening to the Beatles). Right now, my Powersong is "Let's Get Loud" -- which I found on the Nike site. My husband likes YMCA (an extended version). We run together and I can always tell when he hits the POWERSONG button!

[email protected]

I'll make an add-on to the Sept Most Miles challenge: I'll donate $1 for every mile ran by the top 5 runners to Habitat for Humanity -- which is helping rebuild the Gulf coast. Maybe we can all do this, and help make a difference for teh Katrina victims.

I'll organize it if anyone's interested.

[email protected]

My PowerSong is "Dani California" by Red Hot Chili Peppers. Another good tune for a powersong is "MJB Da MVP" from Mary J Blige's new album... those two tunes always get me through the wall.

justintime21

Shemp65 didn't you win the challenge in August. I would like to be added to the September challange. It helps me run to get ready for my PRT in October. My powersong is "Eye of the Tiger". LoL.

Warzy

only if someone finds a way to make the new Ipod (w. vid) useable

cd1705

Tonzino said:
Anyways... who wants to start an iLounge Nike+ Challenge??? it says you can challenge up to 50 people that would be kind of cool...id probably come in last lol im not the most hardcore runner by far but i think it would be cool to have a little friendly competition here.... maybe if we get enough people the Moderator can sticky this and see if we can get some prizes or something haha
Well my suggestion for the challenges would be Fastest 1 mile, Fastest 5k/ 10k, and Most Miles ran in like a span of 2 weeks or something....
Whoever wants to start it up or has any suggestions on how we can do this go ahead and post in here...
I just saw the challenge you posted, wanna go and do it??? You'll just need my email, let me know.

horwitz.21

I would also love to join the challenge. I used to run a lot in high school, but I have gotten out of shape in the last few years. I don't know how competative I will be, but I will be trying to get out and run as much as I can and it would be great to have some extra motivation. If someone could let me know what I have to do to join, that would be great, or if someone needs my email address, it is [email protected]. Thanks!

Craig M

Hi,

I posted the following on a different thread but this looks a better place for it.

I bought a new Nano and ipod kit yesterday and went out for a run last night to try it out. Everything seemed ok, it linked and I did some calibration and then set out on a 5K run.

The problem came with its actual measurement of the distance. As I progressed I was thinking that I had covered more ground than the female voice was informing me and by the time I came to the end of my 5K route it stated that I had covered 4.1 km instead.

Now I planned out this route on Google's pedometer so i'm pretty sure that it is a true 5k, my time was consistent with what I would expect for that distance too.

The only thing that is slightly different from the proscribed set up is the sensor in the shoe business. I bought a Nike key pouch that goes over my laces and popped the sensor in there as this seems to have worked for others.

So does anyone else have similar experience with this, or be able to recommend a solution ?

709grove

I had a similar problem. This morning I went down to a high school track, calibrated my nike plus, and then ran 3 miles (12 laps) immediatley afterward. My workout report said I ran 3.21 miles.

Any ideas?

I have the sensor in between the tounge and laces of my shoe, does that make a difference?

Willie5566

Does anybody know about the calorie counting function? I usually do the basic workout option, but I would like for it to count calories. I see you can do count calories workout, but I do not want that to be the main focus of my run. Any ideas?

abelisle

Craig M said:
Hi,

I posted the following on a different thread but this looks a better place for it.

I bought a new Nano and ipod kit yesterday and went out for a run last night to try it out. Everything seemed ok, it linked and I did some calibration and then set out on a 5K run.

The problem came with its actual measurement of the distance. As I progressed I was thinking that I had covered more ground than the female voice was informing me and by the time I came to the end of my 5K route it stated that I had covered 4.1 km instead.

Now I planned out this route on Google's pedometer so i'm pretty sure that it is a true 5k, my time was consistent with what I would expect for that distance too.

The only thing that is slightly different from the proscribed set up is the sensor in the shoe business. I bought a Nike key pouch that goes over my laces and popped the sensor in there as this seems to have worked for others.

Also the calibration should be done at the pace you'll be running at and if you calibrate for running and walking both I find you get better accuracy.

So does anyone else have similar experience with this, or be able to recommend a solution ?

Yes, it does affect the calibration. My theory is that by mounting it higher up on the shoe (above your instep) you are creating a shorter pendulum movement that tricks the accelerometer to thinking that it is moving faster than it is resulting in a shorter distance and a faster pace. Put it under your arch and you'll see the difference.

Also you should calibrate it at the pace you normally run at and I find that when I calibrate it for running and walking I get better accuracy.

Last edited: