Who wants to start an iLounge Nike+ challenge????

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

gmax2k5

ok, its just not me right. i couldn't transfer my workout from itunes to nikeplus.com, it gives me error, saying nikeplus couldn't accept.

gibtown

Hect0r said:
how do you view the challenge? As the person who started it I just have a list of who is confirmed and who isn't. How does it look to participants and how might I access a graph or something showing how everyone is doing. Thanks.

Becky
I have a list of all the names as well and next to the names of those who have confirmed, it reads "No Run Data", although I did run this AM. It could be the problem that others are reporting about the Nike+ website.

justintime21

I checked it today and it only shows me who has confirmed and pending.....weird.....I am going to run tommorow morning and see what happens.....

[email protected]

Nike+ site losing data

Some quirks with the Nike+ website are showing up:

It has lost all my goal data
It refuses to post my best 10K and 5K data, and seems to rely on older data.

All this has me worried about the reliability of the site. Just to let you know I'm also saving my run data in an excellent runner's spreadsheet I downloaded. If anyone wants a copy of it, e-mail me and I'll send you one.

--Brandon

Marathonman

Problems with th Nike+ website

I agree there are problems with the Nike+ site. It also lost my goals and even though I ran 3 miles in the 90+ degree temperature yesterday, the run doesn't show up in my challenges, so I'm down 3 miles and I need all I can get.

portablealpha

I got my invite this morning, and I have to admit that this is one of the greatest motivational tools ever -- I haven't been this excited to run in a while.

There does appear to be a 5k and 10k quirk where it doesn't update even when you have done the distances.

wolverine318

Marathonman said:
I agree there are problems with the Nike+ site. It also lost my goals and even though I ran 3 miles in the 90+ degree temperature yesterday, the run doesn't show up in my challenges, so I'm down 3 miles and I need all I can get.
Yesterday my nike+ just quit on me at the end of my 6 mile tempo. It was pretty hot out, around 92. So it maybe the heat. This just makes me made because I was going out at a pretty nice of approx. 5:45/mile and to have the thing crap out on me during the last 100m. :mad:

wolverine318

I think the advice about being careful not to increase mileage too much too fast is good, however, it is not clear that stretching BEFORE a run when your muscles are cold is good for you.

There is still a lot of raging debate going on about stretching in general. I do not stretch cold muscles. Most experienced runners will warm up first (2-3 miles), and then stretch.

I always stretch after a run, and it seems to be working well for me.

Obviously, everyone should do what their medical professional has recommended, but I don't think you can say that everyone should stretch before a run as a blanket statement.

--Brandon
Both my college and my high school track coaches emphasized to never stretch when you are cold. Cold stretching causes microtears in your muscles that can lead to muscle pulls and tears down the road (pardon the pun).

Myself, I never stretch before my run. I will stretch after a 1 mile warm up if I am doing speed work on the track, otherwise I do not stretch until after my run. This procedure has gotten me through 4 years of college track with hardly any injuries, except the time when I got a stress fracture from nike frees...

abelisle

wolverine318 said:
Yesterday my nike+ just quit on me at the end of my 6 mile tempo. It was pretty hot out, around 92. So it maybe the heat. This just makes me made because I was going out at a pretty nice of approx. 5:45/mile and to have the thing crap out on me during the last 100m. :mad:

If you're running tempo workouts in this heat at 5:45 pace, you'll dominate this forum. As a former coach (retired) I would suggest some indoor interval work on a treadmill in a air-conditioned gym. While you're doing this you can check out the accuracy of both the distance measurements and your pace compared to the treadmill.

The Nike+ treadmill workout isn't that bad. For a guy like you I'm sure you can adjust the warm-up and warm-down sections. The 6 % incline sections are a killer.

tenja

I agree. You will win the competition hands down if you are a college runner prepping for the fall season. You should be cranking out 8-10 miles a day at this point in the summer.

As for the competition and challenges, I can see where it will be fun to challenge your friends. It won't be so much fun on a broad scale strictly based on the different levels of people's ability. I like what Nike is doing, I just don't see the challenges as that big of a sell point. I hope they fine tune some more options for the logging, like being able to download your data in spreadsheet form, etc.

[email protected]

Data reappearing

Today my goals suddenly reappeared. I'm wondering if there's not a lag time in data displaying, or if they're having some growing pains as more people log on...

wolverine318

tenja said:
I agree. You will win the competition hands down if you are a college runner prepping for the fall season. You should be cranking out 8-10 miles a day at this point in the summer.

As for the competition and challenges, I can see where it will be fun to challenge your friends. It won't be so much fun on a broad scale strictly based on the different levels of people's ability. I like what Nike is doing, I just don't see the challenges as that big of a sell point. I hope they fine tune some more options for the logging, like being able to download your data in spreadsheet form, etc.
yeah, I just cranked out a 7 mile recovery tonight in 84 degree heat and had no problems tonight except for the nike+ website screwing up the times I did my run. It said I ran at 1 am...last time I checked I was asleep at 1:00 am on 8/2/06.

I was a college runner. I used up one year of ncaa eligibility rowing on the crew team and 3 other years on the track/cross country team. Now I am just a grad student now. I run to improve my marathon times now.

I would like the spread sheet option. Being able to use the sensor with a nike watch would be nice too since this is an improved version of the earlier nike panasonic sensor.

Last edited:

SephCast

I should have double my distance. I ran a 5k yesterday, but it didn't register it. Argh.

portablealpha

I did ~7 yesterday with my GPS too through hilly terrain. The Nike+ was clocking about 1.05 miles uphill for every true mile and 0.95 downhill. I guess it averages out. Over the entire distance (7 on the GPS) the Nike+ had me at 6.83.

Close enough for government work.

tenja

As I posted before, please Calibrate your sensors on a track. They are up to 10% inaccurate out of the box.

portablealpha

My point was even after calibration, there is some inaccuracy based on the terrain you're running on. As for being up to 10% inaccurate out of the box that's plain false.

My wife's was spot on. Mine was shortchanging me by 12% each mile.