Who wants to start an iLounge Nike+ challenge????

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

nickmv

Hey, can we start this challenge on Aug 1st? My knee should be recovered by then and it's the beginning of the month. I figure that could be a good start point.

gibtown

I came on the web today to look for a group that wanted to start up a challenge. I am novice runner and I am really starting to enjoy it.

Nike+ is working great. I am confused though. Why would you need to see the Nano screen while running? If you press the center button, it gives you all of your info.

Also, have you guys tried out the Nike+ workouts on iTunes. I have three of them and I LOVE them. Some of the music isn'tthe best, but the trainers are wonderful. With the treadmill challenge workout, I finally don't mind running on the treadmill (if I must).

Anyway, I am in for all of the challenges. I have never run a 10K, but that is why they call it a challenge, right?

Chris

gibtown

justintime21 said:
You don't need the shoes I just went to Sports Chalet in San diego and bought a Shoe wallet.......Works well I think.....Just don't forget to calibrate your nike components....
No Nike shoes need! Simply stick the 'thingy' between the tongue and the laces. It works perfect with no calibration required.

gibtown

nickmv said:
Hey, can we start this challenge on Aug 1st? My knee should be recovered by then and it's the beginning of the month. I figure that could be a good start point.
I am down for August 1st.

Chris

gibtown

Novice Level Nike+ Challenge has been issued.

Since the challenge Hect0r issued has already begun, I am going to open up another one. The challenge will be a distance race. The first person to run 50 miles wins. Sound good?

I am a novice runner (typically run about 3 miles each run but hoping to get better) and I would like to see other novice runners accept this challenge. Perhaps somebody else could initiate a challenge for the more experienced runners of the group.

The go-live date for this challenge will be August 15. PM me your address so I can invite you. Let's get started, baby!!

nickmv

gibtown said:
Nike+ is working great. I am confused though. Why would you need to see the Nano screen while running? If you press the center button, it gives you all of your info.
Reason you need a screen is because you have to take the stupid thing out of the armband every time you wanna set up your workout. It becomes a PITA to do that, especially with the Nike armband, because you're supposed to strap the thing up first and the way the cord needs to be routed under your arm and through the sleeve of your shirt and out the collar area, or atleast that's how I do it.

gibtown

nickmv said:
Reason you need a screen is because you have to take the stupid thing out of the armband every time you wanna set up your workout. It becomes a PITA to do that, especially with the Nike armband, because you're supposed to strap the thing up first and the way the cord needs to be routed under your arm and through the sleeve of your shirt and out the collar area, or atleast that's how I do it.
I see your problem. What I usually do is set up the run up until the point you get the "Press the center button to begin work-out" Then I put the Nano in my Nike band, strap it on, warm up and go. When I am ready to actually begin, I press the center button and I am off. No need for the screen since I already set it up. Hope that helps.

Hect0r

I have emailed everyone who pm'ed me or posted on here. The challenge starts AUGUST 1st. And goes for the entire month of August. Most miles. PM me if you need anything or if you did not get your nike invite.

Becky

tank5559

im in!

just sucks it dosnt come in till the 3rd so ill be behind 3 days =(

hey hector, i sent you a PM:D

tenja

I'm really tempted to skip my run tonight so it will get in the mileage count for tomorrow......

Wait, I thought this thing was supposed to make you want to work out more.....?????