Who got the new 64GB Touch?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
Just curious, I have contacted my 3 local Apple Stores and a couple Best Buys, and it appears nobody has it yet in NJ. I have read a few posts with people saying they got theirs. I was hoping the members that have them in hand could mention where they got em? Thanks.

xinzhitan14

i picked up a 32GB here in australia the day after release. Quite impressed how fast they came out. they also had plenty of 64GB's.

Mawdryn

Website
www.myspace.com
Apple store in Phoenix did not have the 64GB yet as of yesterday. (I did get the new Nano though.) I'm going to the Apple store in Tucson today. I hope they have them because I need one.

ashforth

new 64

I ordered one from the Apple on-line store right after the press release on Sep 9. It's on its way here via FedEx and should arrive Monday. I called the local Apple store before ordering and didn't have any new models in stock and didn't know when they were arriving. I alco checked Amazon, NewEgg, and others, but they didn't have them in stock either.

TheMatrix

This type of stuff really, really gets me frustrated and ticked off. I'm in NJ as well, and on the 9th I called the local Apple stores about the 64GB Touch and got different answers from each. One said "tomorrow" which clearly didn't come to fruition, the next said "October at the soonest" and the third said "in a few days, probably the beginning of next week."

I find it absolutely unacceptable that even though there are people like myself who are still stupid enough to buy a cameraless Touch, we can't because no one at Apple has even a remote clue when they'll be released. If the Zune HD comes out before Apple can get their own products into their own stores, then I'll be seriously looking at buying a Zune HD. Will I buy a Zune HD? Probably not, but Apple is shooting themselves in the foot by forcing the general population to wait around until their competitor releases a competing product! It should be the opposite, Apple should have made sure their latest and greatest was in stores making sales before MS had a chance to draw away potential buyers.

spazma7ik

They should be in stores today.

If you would have looked at apple.com/retail on wed/thursday, the slide for the nano said that you could "come in and pick one up now", and for the iPod touch slide it said, "available Friday", and now it just says "come in and play with one now" or something like that.

Avenger

The staff at the stores go out of wack between the time a new model is announced and the time they get it. They are probably fed up with a million people asking them when are they getting it in. In the end, they can say 2 weeks and it shows up in 2 days per my experience.

This type of stuff really, really gets me frustrated and ticked off. I'm in NJ as well, and on the 9th I called the local Apple stores about the 64GB Touch and got different answers from each. One said "tomorrow" which clearly didn't come to fruition, the next said "October at the soonest" and the third said "in a few days, probably the beginning of next week."

kevnj

Just curious, I have contacted my 3 local Apple Stores and a couple Best Buys, and it appears nobody has it yet in NJ. I have read a few posts with people saying they got theirs. I was hoping the members that have them in hand could mention where they got em? Thanks.
I just got back from the apple store at the freehold mall and they have some still instock.

I called around 12 this afternoon and they didnt have them, but expected them in. So I called around 230 and they had them instock, gave a call around 4 before I went there and still had them. There was about 6 or so left behind the counter for the 64gig versions left. A bunch of the nanos, and 3 classics left.

untchble

64GB iTouch

Picked mine up this morning at the Apple Store in Valley Fair (CA)-They only had about 5...64gb

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
I just got back from the apple store at the freehold mall and they have some still instock.

I called around 12 this afternoon and they didnt have them, but expected them in. So I called around 230 and they had them instock, gave a call around 4 before I went there and still had them. There was about 6 or so left behind the counter for the 64gig versions left. A bunch of the nanos, and 3 classics left.
Great consistency from these stores....I called Freehold around 5 and they said they havent received them yet....probably mid next week :confused:

Sime

There was only 4 64Gb where I bought mine from in Australia.

Nice machine.

plazman30

I bought mine yesterday at the Cherry Hill, NJ store. They said they had plenty of them in stock. The Sagemore Apple Store about 15 minutes away also said they had plenty.

Dougfnj

Ipod, do you?
I ended up getting mine yesterday at Bridgewater Mall NJ.....very happy to have the space now.