Where are the 2G Shuffle cases?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
Where are the 2G Shuffle cases? If you go to the reviews section on the iLounge main page, you find lots of 1G Shuffle cases, but not many for the 2G Shuffle.

Manufacturers are probably not interested in Shuffle cases because of their low price compared to other iPod cases. Who knows what it is, but I wish there were more choices, and better ones too.

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
englishfly said:
Do you need a case for it? They don't scratch...
ANY iPod scratches given the proper circumstances. Most of them scratch even if you are careful with them, but I agree that the aluminum encased iPods dont scratch as easily as the previous plastic ones.

My Shuffle has some scratches from the times Ive dropped it. Once it fell on a gravel road and needless to say, the gravel made some nasty marks. So yes, I would love to have access to a silicon sleeve. But sadly I dont.

The Lump

That guy..
i would love to find a silicone coverall for my shuffle. i'm a total whore in teh garage (mechanic) and even though i keep the shuffle clipped to my collar all day.....it gets dirty from me pressin the buttons.

i'd love to have something to cover it with.

any new news on some form of silicone condom for these things? please tell me yes lol

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
The Lump said:
i would love to find a silicone coverall for my shuffle. i'm a total whore in teh garage (mechanic) and even though i keep the shuffle clipped to my collar all day.....it gets dirty from me pressin the buttons.

i'd love to have something to cover it with.

any new news on some form of silicone condom for these things? please tell me yes lol
This case: http://www.powersupportusa.com/products/ipod/shuffle2G_siljack.php

always seemed very nice to me and iLounge gave it a great review (http://www.ilounge.com/index.php/reviews/entry/power-support-silicone-jacket-for-2nd-generation-ipod-shuffle/). If I would have access to it, I would have ordered one for my Shuffle a long time ago.

Maybe it would work well for you.

Last edited:

blooddog28

I don't see the point in getting one unless you are really clumsey, but if thats the case then look on the itunes store, ebay, and amazon.

Maywind

I saw the iLounge first look article on the Capdase iPod case set for the Shuffle. The set includes the silicone base for the Shuffle (which also protects the clip) and a USB adapter. It looks amazing.

When in the world will this become available? I really want one for myself.

eqblues

Blue since the 70's
ReyZero said:
Is the shuffle even heavy enough to be damaged from a drop?
You bet it is. I dropped my Shuffle with a lot of force a while ago by accident, on a tile floor and the corner got a very ugly dent. I try to believe that maybe if I had a silicone skin on it, it might not have dented, but I cant be sure of that.

As of now, my Shuffle is caseless, as it has been since I bought it and its not in bad shape, but I admit I have been taking much better care of it lately. I havent dropped it at all in a long time.

Maywind

ReyZero said:
Is the shuffle even heavy enough to be damaged from a drop? Heh
Capdase's site is down at the moment of typing this, so I can't see if they even sell them themself.
I'm guessing you mean this case,
And if you look at the post, it was 2007
Thanks for pointing that out. Didn't see it was from 2007.

I guess the only good case is from PowerSupport. But taking into account the shipping fee, the case becomes $20+. It just isn't worth it for a Shuffle.

So far, only the Apple logo on the clip of my Shuffle has shown scratches. Let's hope the iPod never ends up smashed against any hard surface.