Where are my transferred songs?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mds4642

I have a 6th generation nano and one day all the songs I transferred from my CD's disappeared. So, all I have on my nano AND in my online Library are songs I purchased through iTunes. Any ideas how to get them back? We are talking about maybe 300 songs.

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
If your Nano is showing only iTunes purchases, this does not sound like a case of a corrupted database on the iPod ... sounds like the files from CDs were actually removed somehow.

To get your CDs onto your iPod in the first place you had to first get the songs into iTunes, then transfer from iTunes to iPod. So the key questions are, does your iTunes library still have these songs? If not, why not? If you did not keep or at least back up your media on your computer, you'll have to re-rip the songs from CDs.

mds4642

Thanks rockmyplimsoul, No, my itunes library online only has my purchased songs. I was hoping there was an archive feature that would let me restore my library from say 6 months ago. I need to see if any of the transferred songs are on my hard dive. I'm not optimistic.

cjmnews

Staff member
I am a bit confused about "iTunes online library" with a Nano

If you had an IOS device and are talking about the Music section of the Music App, when you click on Songs and see the cloud symbol and have the ability to download your music, then only Purchased Songs will appear there.

If you had an IOS device are talking about the library you see in the Music App when you tap on Shared and your PC's Library, then there could be ripped and purchased there.

I suppose if you had an IOS device, you could be talking about iTunes Match. Something I know very little about.

You are in the Nano section, so "online library" does not really make sense to me.

If you open iTunes on your PC, do you see your ripped songs?

The default location for music ripped by iTunes is My Music\iTunes\iTunes Media
(or for older installs My Music\iTunes\iTunes Music) the music could be stored under artist\album\song if the data was available or you entered it.

Ripped songs will have the extension .m4a or .mp3 depending on your settings at the time of ripping.
Purchased songs will have the .m4a extension as well, so that will not help you isolate your rips, unless you know the dates of the rips were significantly earlier than any purchase.

If iTunes does not show the ripped songs and they are on the hard drive you can drag them from Windows Explorer and drop them onto iTunes and they will get added to your PC's library.

If iTunes does show the ripped songs, then you should be good.

Sync your Nano, select the music you want (click on the Nano, click on the Music section, put check marks next to playlists, artists, genres you want or select ALL music) then click the Apply button.