When u got ur iPod, what were you upgrading from?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

zapod

Gadgeteer
This kind of follows on from the 'Is iPod best MP3 player?' thread.

Basically, what portable device did you use for music before you 'upgraded' to an iPod? Or is iPod your first experience of portable players?

For me, that would be a Sony MZR-55 Minidisc unit.

zapod

Gadgeteer
Hey I'd forgotten about the Sony MD remote... <sigh> mine had a crack on the face... still usable though...

Chimera

I was upgrading from an iRiver SlimX 400. Definitely the best MP3/CD player out there, but the only thing I miss is the LCD remote, which was excellent.

IpodAlien

I was upgrading from budget buys cd mp3 player/128 mp3/flash drive player depending whether I needed pportability or more music. Not bought at the same time though! Now although iPod isn't tiny I really have them both, both portability and definately storage!

SocksRule

all I had was before my iPod was an aiwa cd player...I got the iPod for it's user friendliness cause I can be computer challenaged at times lol

dekkerd

84 hours a week
After I blew up the 4th HDD for my 2nd Neo Jukebox, I decided the upgradable HDD option wasn't so awesome after all. Still have some fond memories for it though. Standard laptop HDD, removable rechargable batteries, IR remote, built in line out, drag & drop functionality, hackable. Of course, it was as big as a hardback, USB 1.1 only, & butt-ugly to boot...

noelty

I had a Creative Labs flash based player that accepted compact flash. I bought it for about $100 on Amazon, sold it a year later for $100.

I then purchased a 20GB Windows iPod in August 2002. I replaced the 20GB with a 30GB using my COMP USA TAP.

Website
www.flickr.com
I Upgraded from a 10 year old portable Sony CD player and one album at a time on my Pocket PC. But I also upgraded from an in-car 6-CD changer--thats the primary reason I have an iPod.