When Tagging Mp3's - if's, and's, or's, but's...

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Tekron

keepin'downtheunderground
I was looking for a program similar to Tag&Rename that will quickly filter out all the tags words like: of, the, a, with, et c. and make them lower-case. That seems to be the proper way to title things. Since I can't find one to my liking, I'm just seeking out general information from the community.

Forgive me for my lack of literature, but how do you know when to capitalize these types of words?

For example:

Should it be...

"A Rush of Blood to the Head"

not

"A Rush Of Blood To The Head"

If you can help me at all, I'd appreciate it much. Thanks in advance.

DanH

I just go with whatever iTunes calls it. I spend more time listening to my iPod than arseing around with what it says on it!

AWv45

For titles like that, you always capitalize the first two words, no matter which words they are, and then worlds like and and of are not capitalized, according to the English Language. So it should be A Rush of Blood to the Head.

GadgetGuru72

DanH said:
I just go with whatever iTunes calls it. I spend more time listening to my iPod than arseing around with what it says on it!
:D I wish I could say the same. I'm a little neurotic what it comes to tagging, as I like to have all my tags consistent.

Using your example above, I would have "A Rush Of Blood To The Head." I know it's not "technically" proper, but I think it looks better on the iPod and it's a simple way to keep things consistent.