WhatsApp Data Backup

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Kabir01

Hi,

I have been unable to backup WhatsApp data in iCloud for some reason even though I have available storage space. I did a manual backup of my phone on my Mac using iTunes and wanted to reinstall WhatsApp on my phone to see if this would solve the problem. Since at this moment I do not have the backup data stored from WhatsApp in iCloud, can someone please guide me on how to restore the data from my laptop for this app only?

Kabir01

The steps are documented: https://www.imore.com/how-back-your-messages-and-media-whatsapp-iphone

If you are seeing errors, let me know and I'll see if I can help resolve it.

You should see the data being used in iCloud in Settings->[Apple ID]->iCloud->Manage Storage
Thanks for the quick reply. All of these features are turned on as per the link and has been followed. But for some reason the back up stalls at 2% and I'm given this error message. I have attached here a screenshot of the message.

I was just wondering whether deleting the app and them reinstalling would resolve this problem. I have taken an iCloud backup of my phone using Settings, and was wondering whether I can restore the app data through that or through iTunes from my laptop.

Attachments

cjmnews

Staff member
The stopping at 2% indicates that you don't have 1GB of space on iCloud.

If this is not the case you may need to go into iCloud in Settings->[Apple ID]->iCloud->Manage Storage and delete the WhatsApp data, then try the backup again.

Kabir01

The stopping at 2% indicates that you don't have 1GB of space on iCloud.

If this is not the case you may need to go into iCloud in Settings->[Apple ID]->iCloud->Manage Storage and delete the WhatsApp data, then try the backup again.
I actually have used 3.9 GB of my 5 GB iCloud space. I have deleted the iCloud data as suggested and then tried to backup again via the application but run into the same problem, backup stops at 2%.

Is this because of lack of storage the upload is not working?

cjmnews

Staff member
I would try to remove something else from iCloud before buying more space.