What's up with this??

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sn8kman_1

Hi,

I have a 4th gen shuffle that has been working great. Yesterday morning it suddenly turns off. I thought it odd because it didn't give a low battery warning and I had just charged it a few days before. So I plugged in to an iphone charger and it charged, showing green.

When I go to turn it on, nothing happens. I plug into my computer and it's fine, comes up on iTunes shows fully charged. I restored it and I have the same problem...what to do?

skins247

It sounds like the power switch is bad......when it is unplugged, do you get "any" light colors at all when turned on, and/or pressing play button etc?.....while the iPod is "off".....unplug the headphones..turn the iPod "on"...then plug the headphones in....I currently don't have one of the 4th shuffles to mess around with and help further....but...some of the iPod models will "turn on" by putting the headphones in....might be a way to bypass a bad switch.....

sn8kman_1

Thanks for the reply. Nothing when unplugged at all. I think the light will flash when I move switch quickly. It literally died when I was running the other day, just shut off. Light comes on just fine when I charge or plug into computer.

If you were me would you just spend the $46 at Target for another one? They offer a 2 year extended warranty for $4...

~Jason

skins247

Gotcha...yea it sounds like switch or battery itself.....with their size and hardwired battery , there aren't many folks that repair the shuffles....I only know of like 3 or 4 (other ebay sellers....not me) who actually replace the batteries in other hard wired battery iPods....Nano's , Touch etc......so I'd say yeah on the Target iPod....I was actually looking at them during a Christmas sale they had....good prices....

sn8kman_1

Gotcha...yea it sounds like switch or battery itself.....with their size and hardwired battery , there aren't many folks that repair the shuffles....I only know of like 3 or 4 (other ebay sellers....not me) who actually replace the batteries in other hard wired battery iPods....Nano's , Touch etc......so I'd say yeah on the Target iPod....I was actually looking at them during a Christmas sale they had....good prices....
Hey man, thanks again. I'm really not happy with the quality of them. I bought one of the Nano's a few years back (the one that looks like the shuffle but with a screen) and the sleep button gave out after 4 months. Then this Shuffle lasted me 7 months. Yes, I use them 4-5 days/week, which I don't think is a lot, but I bought another one yesterday.

It was the last one...these things are disposable.

Cheers,
~Jason

sn8kman1

Just thought I'd follow up...so I went out and bought a brand new one and it didn't work! It fluttered so bad that I thought it was my Skullcandy's so I ordered new ones. I found out that it was the iPod so I returned it and got a third one...now I'm all good...

~Jason