What's the craziest thing you've done to care for your ipod?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

siliconcowboy

I just got my iPod in my mail today... and I went out and bought turtle wax to protect the back along with a cover for it.. anyone done similar seemingly crazy things for your ipod?

Last edited:

siliconcowboy

smjr15 said:
i spent ?250 on a nice jacket to keep it nice and safe
Did you get that ski-jacket that's listed under the products here? That looked sweet... do you like it?

siliconcowboy

rivlinm said:
well i bought it a pair of 180 dollar headphones!!!!

along with the speck flip case...and value it more then my car!!!
Sweet what kidna headphones?

Morfious

Snowboarder / Arcade nut
Website
www.lazarus.org.uk
I modded a PDA screen protector (cut off the excess) and slapped that on the face of my iPod. Other than that I"m good to go. It's portable, it's gonna get scratched. As long as I can read the screen I don't care about scratches anywhere else.

I purchased a wardrobe for my iPod:
1-sportsuit - red
1-podsling - red
1-iSkin - indigo
1-Jam Jacket - clear
1-MacClear zip
1-pair Sony MDR-v300
1-pair Sony MDR-v600
And took my Slim X 350's earbuds and use them with my iPod.
Honey B Pod is always best dressed. Yes I will buy more things for her.

Oh yea I forgot the iShades in Rose and Deep Indigo also. The rose is for the day time and the deep indigo for night because the white light is so bright but I need it to see and it looks good.

siliconcowboy

HoneyBee I think you should win kinda award for spoiling your iPod lol.. . I still can't believe I went and bought turtle wax just to wax my iPod.

siliconcowboy

rivlinm said:
so does the wax do teh trick..i have hear it on tones of things esp outdoors stuff but an ipod? do it look good too ?
It shines like mad! I put a real nice coat on the back, and the sides (the mirror like surface basically) and I even put some on the front but not very much as it's hard to avoid the control surfaces. It really shines! Hopefully it adds a mild layer of protection as right now I have not gotten a case yet, I only have a screen and back clear protector. Seems to be working so far! I think it makes it a little less apt to finger print as well. Maybe that's just my imagination thou. Any one else have thoughts on this?

Last edited:

rjtedge

I love music
Well a bit differnt than others. I was walking with iPod in hand and tripped on a root. fell flat on front of body with arms in the air protecting my baby. thought my bones and skin will repair its self as the iPod will not.

mookiemeister

Super Cool Dude
Website
xenon.stanford.edu
I rub my iPod whenever I see even a tiny smudge of fingerprint. Since you know how easily iPod case collect fingerprints, you know that I rub my iPod all the time. Sometimes I rub so much, I think a genie might pop out of my iPod!

R32_Nakazato

d[^_^]b
Website
www.cardomain.com
mookiemeister said:
I rub my iPod whenever I see even a tiny smudge of fingerprint. Since you know how easily iPod case collect fingerprints, you know that I rub my iPod all the time. Sometimes I rub so much, I think a genie might pop out of my iPod!
LOL! I do the same

altcountryman

no depression
I think the car wax idea sounds good - been thinking about trying that myself. Or stopping in a Harley shop to see what they recommend for the metal surface.

Yeah, I'd take my iPod in to the Harley shop. :p

siliconcowboy

altcountryman said:
I think the car wax idea sounds good - been thinking about trying that myself. Or stopping in a Harley shop to see what they recommend for the metal surface. Let us know what the Harley shop tells you.

Yeah, I'd take my iPod in to the Harley shop. :p
It did work pretty well... no scratches yet *knocks on wood* granted there is a screen cover on the back of it but still.. the sides and everything are clear.

paleolith

Website
paleo.org
I went to an outdoors store (Adventure 16, or maybe REI) and bought a small dry sack -- the kind that paddlers etc use to keep things really dry inside when it's really wet outside. It's large enough to hold digicam, iPod, and Media Reader. I got it just for hiking. If it rains, I may get wet (even if I'm prepared for rain, one never stays really dry hiking in the rain), but the iPod and other gear can stay dry. (No headphones to worry about -- the iPod goes hiking only for photo storage.) ZipLoc bags just aren't reliable or durable enough when it's really important, like for digicam and iPod.

Edward

Spartan

General 5 Star
I bought alot of stuff and plan on buying more.
What I have bought:
1 Ice Creme Cleaner(With M Version)
1 Belkin Battery Pack
1 Firewire+USB 2.0 Split Plug
1 Sony EX71SL White In-Ear Headphones
2 Lajo Exo2 Cases (1 Sky Dance, 1 Jade Pearl)
1 Lajo Crystal iShade
1 iTrip
Replacement Ear Bud Covers from Radioshack
1 Jam Jacket for my 20 gig 3G before it broke and had to get a 40gb ipod. So this case is basically useless
1 Replacement Apple Case that comes with iPod as I lost mine

and I built my own personal Lego iPod dock to use with my Exo2's. I change it frequently and build new ones.

What I want to purchase:
1 Monster iCase Travel Pack
1 or 2 Lajo Exo3's
1 Monster iSpeaker
1 Belkin Tunedok
and some other things

Last edited: