What's On Your Nano?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

doctorfrog

Looks like...
529 songs, most on dynamic playlists, so they shuffle in and out with every sync (also includes about 70 3-minute audiobook files, which are removed automatically as they are played)
5 videos, all home-converted from DVDs. I only watch video occasionally.
14 podcasts, most derived from NPR. I practically live on podcasts.
316 photos, for the heck of it.
3 built-in games, which i don't use for fear of them contaminating my dynamic playlist function :(
0 contacts

Probably about 2GB of free space in there, which I'm filling with portable apps :)

CoverFlow is very attractive, and as of the last firmware update, quite robust. I wish it was more useful to me for things other than finding out whether my mp3s have album artwork or not. I'd use it more often if Apple would support album shuffle.

dispatcherppop

I have alot of songs and a few vids some photos of my recent trip to washington state ... i tried to use audiobooks and podcasts but couldn't figure them out. was having trouble getting them on the ipod or something..

I've got 2.37 gb of music, almost all of it encoded at 192 kbps mp3, most of it AC/DC. Then I've got 4.88 gb of video, 7 of them ripped DVDs, the others music videos, 43.5 mb taken up by "other," and 124.8 mb left of free space on my 8 gig nano. I'm hoping to add some new games from the iTunes store.

bfcoughlin

About 3 GB music (playlists for everything from meditation music to songs for just plain listening to stuff for the gym); audiobooks for the commute; and several podcasts (photography, learning French, New Yorker cartoons, etc.)

Versatile little thing, this nano!

mach_zero

doctorfrog said:
I practically live on podcasts.
Same here.

I have 3.8 GB used. 463 songs broken up into 4 playlists, and 16 podcasts (4 video and 12 audio). No games other than the three that came with it, which I play now and then when I'm really bored sitting in a waiting room or something. I throw a couple of movies and some audiobooks on the free space when I'm going to be away from home for longer than overnight, but I don't normally keep them on there. Oh, and my calendars. I wouldn't remember to tie my shoes without iCal. :p

bfcoughlin said:
Versatile little thing, this nano!
Absolutely! I'm really loving mine. :)