What's on my iPad

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Hogsbro

I just moved from one iPad to a new, 3G model. The content diagram in iTunes shows 8GB of "other" content. Anyone have any ideas about what that can be, how to find out and how to remove?

mr_infamy

Married Man of Mystery
Welcome to iLounge Hogsbro :)

I find the 'other' data is usually the dada You load into your apps. My iPad used to be mostly full of 'other' data because I had a whole bunch of video in the VLC player app. To get rid of it, you'll have to look into your apps and find out what data You have in them in order to get rid of it.

Hogsbro

Apps that reveal content

Thanks, of course that it what's going on. Does anyone know of an app that can help show in more detail what app is claiming what part of that space?

mr_infamy

Married Man of Mystery
hmmmm, not off the top of my head. I thought Activity Monitor Touch might do it, but I'm not sure. It would be a good feature to implement in iTunes and iOS, althought I'd say it would drive developers up the wall :|

laplantalcon

Unlike the iPhone, the iPad is not a ubiquitous device. It isn’t just magically at your hip and unless you’re in the habit of carrying a knapsack with you, as a student might, you have to plan to have it with you.

VLC Player Download

Hogsbro

I thought Activity Monitor Touch might do it, but I'm not sure. |
You are right, Activity Monitor doesn't give you any specific information. It is interesting that this should be hard. I have 6BG listed as Apps and 6 as other and I'll be darned if I understand what all that is.