• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

What's on Jesus's iPod

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Madkins007

Oh, come on guys- Jesus woudn't have BOUGHT his iPod, it would have been given to him by a follower.

As for his tastes... is there such a thing as Hebrew Folk? Klez music would probably appeal to him, but I can see him (as the original article points out) haveing some interest in a lot of different styles.

Except maybe teen pop...

...death metal...

...and maybe not childrens or cartoon theme songs! (Having a REALLY hard time envisioning Jesus singing along with Barney!)

Ichijoe

All Rush, All the time...
I Don't know perhaps He's a Slayer fan!

Show No Mercy - Antichrist
Hell Awaits - Hell Awaits
Reign In Blood - Angel Of Death
Reign In Blood - Jesus Saves
South Of Heaven - South Of Heaven
South Of Hevaen - Behind The Crooked Cross
God Hates Us All - Darkness Of Christ
God Hates Us All - Disciple
God Hates Us All - God Send Death

Ahhh now that's Music!!! :D lol

pohatu771

A Bit Outdated
I'm not a religious guy, but I'd have to say The Ballad of John and Yoko, but The Beatles.

Madkins007

I think it is kinda (funny?) how many of the posts assume that Jesus has the same musical taste as the poster, and the poster then just finds a song with a vaguely religious title or theme in that genre.

I sorta suspect that Jesus would be pretty darn tired of the quasi-religious stuff and prefer stuff that evokes real emotion or communications real stories over some of the pap offered by many today.

For example- (and I apologize for using songs I am familiar with after just making fun of that tendency!) He might well prefer old Memphis blues over more commercialized products like 'We Are The World', or fun sing-alongable songs like Yellow Submarine over half the stuff that involves His name in it.

I can see Him enjoying independent artists with a real heart (and of course, He would know how to find them!) over more packaged and promoted people in it for the fame and perks.

I sorta wonder how much the GodPod would mirror things like NPR's list of the most important music in America (and equivilents for other countries)?

Noirgeek

How about these:

Godflesh-Christbait Rising
Bauhaus-God in an Alcove
KISS-Hotter than Hell
Black Sabbath-N.I.B.
White Zombie-More Human Than Human
The Birthday Party-Mutiny in Heaven
Clutch-The Mob Goes Wild (after his resurrection,of course)
Earlimart-Heaven Adores You

And,of course..

XTC-Dear God

Will F

AKA Barney Rubble
Everybody wants to rule the world - Cant remember the artist

He has got the whole world in his hands - Ditto to above

Wasnt there a group called Jesus and the Mary Chain -

Grunge band from back in the day. I have a vague recollection of them

maogall

The Bluest Light
The Bouncing Souls - True Belivers
Yeah. Jesus should definitely have that.
and maybe Flogging Molly - Rebels Of The Sacred Heart and also The Descendents - I'm Not A Loser :p :D

stevesurf

In a spinning class
I like this thread; I think even God would listen to country for Martina:

When God-Fearin' Women Get The Blues - Martina McBride