What's New In iTunes 9.1?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Sparkee

What have you noticed that's new in iTunes 9.1?

Most of what I found is additions to iPod/Apple TV syncing options and menu reorganizations.

First of all, which I believe was well posted on the net already is the ability to transcode higher bitrate songs to a lower bitrate songs. Since some people believe 256kbps songs are over kill on the iPod Apple finally added "Convert higher bitrate songs to 128kbps AAC" to the Summary tab of the iPods sync settings. There doesn't appear to be any other related settings for this option and I have yet to try it out. But then again I'm fine with the 256kbps files from iTunes Store.

With a growing addiction to audiobooks I am happy to finally see a "Books" tab added to the iPod's sync settings. It does only allow you to sync all or selected books though. There is no indication of new or unplayed books so you still have to browse through to select the books you want. I hope they expand on the options, even the "blue dot" method for new and partailly played books would be nice. I would assume this will also be the same place where you would manage regular books for the iPad.

Edit: If I had read my iLounge Weekly newsletter first I would have found this great article "Instant Expert: Secrets & Features of iTunes 9.1" :)

Last edited: