What is this new icon and how do I vanquish it?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Anvilman

Website
www.onemorepill.com
Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you. Please choose the appropriate forum for this topic. Thank you.

I had to upgrade to 4.9 and now this stupid icon is next to the majority of my music. When I 2x click on one of them it wont play any music. I think its got to do with podcasting, but I haven't seen anything about how to get rid of it.

Any ideas?

Sorry if this is a repost, but I tried looking around.

Thanks a lot for any help.

Apple document: Understanding the symbols next to songs
http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?t=71349

Understanding the symbols next to songs or playlists

-When you import songs, symbols next to the songs show their status. Other symbols allow you to do tasks.

-A moving zigzag next to a song means a song is being imported from a CD or your hard disk.

-A green checkmark means iTunes has finished importing the song.

-An exclamation point next to a song means the song file can't be located. It may have been moved or deleted. Next to a smart playlist means the playlist in which the smart playlist is based has been removed or deleted. The list must be restored or recreated.

-A broadcast icon next to a song means the song is stored on the Internet and is "streamed" to you when you click to play it.
( I think this is what you have)

-A black checkmark next to a song means the song will be included in your next action. For example, only songs with black checkmarks are transferred to your iPod or imported when you click the Import button. Or, when you're playing all the songs in a list, only the checked songs play.

-A speaker next to a song means the song is currently playing. When importing a song you're also listening to, you see a moving zigzag instead of the speaker.
-Chasing arrows next to a song mean the song is being copied or downloaded from the Internet.

-If you see an arrow to the right of a playlist in your Source list, you can click it to publish your playlist on the iTunes Music Store.

-If you see an arrow to the right of a song, album, or artist in your library or a playlist, you can click it to go to the page for that item on the iTunes Music Store. You can show or hide these arrows by selecting or deselecting the "Show links to Music Store" checkbox in the General pane of iTunes Preferences.

-If you see an exclamation point to the right of a Smart Playlist, one of the conditions for this Smart Playlist is a playlist that is not available. Click the exclamation point to choose another playlist or remove the playlist that is no longer available.

-An eject icon appears to the right of CDs or digital music players in the Source list. Click the eject icon to eject the CD or to remove the music player from the Source list.

-A bullet next to a song in your iPod shuffle playlist indicates the song is not currently on your iPod shuffle. If the song is authorized to play on your computer and is saved in a format that can be played on your iPod shuffle (such as AAC, MP3, or WAV), the song will be copied to your iPod shuffle the next time you connect it (if there is enough space on your iPod shuffle).

Last edited:

Anvilman

Website
www.onemorepill.com
You are right that it THINKS that the file is stored on the web, but it is actually just on my other hard-drive (same computer) (D:).

Bizarre. It gives me the option to "edit the url", but its still simply on the D drive.

Any ideas? Anybody else have this error?