What is the best sticker film for nano?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

SlamMan

I have the same stuff as the Invisible Shield on my Nano and I love it. You can hardly tell it's there. I don't think the texture of it is bad at all. You only notice it with the right light reflecting off of it. The adhesive isn't water soluble and it does come up w/o any residue BTW.

The only pics I've seen of the Martin Fields made it look like cra p. The film is set back away from the edge of the player and it only covers the front. It also didn't look like the laid down as nice as the Invisible Shield. It had air bubbles around the edges. It's only positive factor was that it had the very flat surface. That didn't make up for the gaps in the adhesive.

Edit: MF pics in link below.

http://discussions.info.apple.com/[email protected]@.68ba4cf4/5

Last edited:

PabUK

iPab
Website
www.pabuk.com
I've got the Invisible Shield and I'm amazed how good it is. Putting it on was a bit freaky, what with the covering-your-nano-in-water thing, but it turned out fine.

You can scratch a nail accross the Invisible Shield and it makes a mark. But look again a minute later and the mark has completely disappeared! It also covers most of the nano (front, back and sides), feels nice and is barely visible.

As you can probably tell, I'm very happy with it. :D

blufire

I'm really pleased with my Martin Fields Overlay Plus as well! The only thing is you can see the slight irregularity around the click wheel (the way they cut it out is not as smooth as it could be), but it's still not apparent that there's a film on it. I would definitely recommend it. It's been living in my pocket for two days of use now, walking/running around the hilly campus, and my iPod still looks brand-new. (Even the unprotected metal back is shiny and virtually scratch-free.) In fact, putting my nano in my pocket and walking around a lot is a pretty effective way of cleaning it! I think those who suffer from pocket-scratched iPods need to check their pockets (as well as get a protective film for the front, such as the Martin Fields).

Compact

after posting i found this link which is much better (will delete mine), but are people covering their clickwheels with the plastic or buying ones that leave the click wheel free?

random person

Thought I'd chime in as I may be one of the few (if not the only) to have used the Invisible Shield, the Martin Fields Overlay, and Power Support Crystal Film.

So as not to make this "War and Peace" I'll give you the skinny here:

Invisible Shield: You need to put water on your Ipod. A scary business. Leaves an "orange peel" effect on your device which distorts the screen. Thickens the Ipod just enough to render it incompatible with many cases/skins and belt clips. Gives you a nice protective texture on the Ipod. Difficult and tedious to apply. Verdict? I wouldn't buy one again.

Martin Fields: Only protects the front. Nice glossy smooth finish. Nice and thin, so compatable with all cases and skins and clips. Crystal clear, so screen looks gorgeous (apart from fingerprints!) Difficult to apply, as it is a dust and fingerprint magnet on the sticky side. Tough to apply smoothly without bubbles or ugly fingerprints. Attempts to remove bubbles with credit card (which is what they recommend) scratches the Nano's surface! Verdict? I wouldn't buy one again.

Power Support Crystal Film: Similar to Martin Fields in thickness, so nice and thin and compatible with cases and skins and belt clips. Covers both the front and back. Not a fingerprint magnet. Bubbles form, but can be removed more easily than with the Martin Fields. Gorgeous and clear, so screen looks terrific -- and no fingerprints! Verdict: Wish I'd purchases this one first -- it is by far the best!

Oh, and you can also cover the clickwheel with a separate piece, but I like the matte finish of the wheel so I left it uncovered.

wickywicky

Amen brother!

I also went with the Crystal Shield from Power Support... It looks BEAUTIFUL on the front and screen. I'm very happy with it. It took a while to get it applied and dust/bubble free but patience is a virtue!

The only bad thing that happened was when I put it in my pocket for a long bike ride... The back film had come off in my pocket and got folded in half. At the crease, I thought the adhesive had come off, but it turns out the film itself split in half. It no longer sticks in that section. bummer! :(

I emailed power support and they said they have the back films coming in soon and would replace it. Really, I don't care because it's the front of the nano that I'm more concerned about, the back I just kind of threw on.

Overall, I'm VERY happy with it! :)

Istasi

Can any of you guys with the Power Support Crystal Shield confirm that it hides the scratches (the small ones at least)?

random person

I would have answered sooner but my connection went down! The answer is yes -- Power Support's film does hide small scratches. I had a kind of round "blemish" thing on my screen that just wouldn't come out. It was still there after I applied the film (along with a few bubbles) but both the blemish and the bubbles disppeared by the next day! Really, I am very pleased with this product!

JMAS

I really took myself a lot of time and did a lot of research in forums before I decided to go wit the power support film, cause I have heard no bad comments at all! The only thing worth mentioning is that, it doesn't cover the sides.
I got myself also the ezskin and this should be a really good protection for the nano.

Istasi

How long did it take you guys to receive your Crystal Film after it was shipped? Mine supposedly shipped on Tuesday, and I still haven't received it yet. By the way, I used standard shipping.

random person

I actually had it sent Priority Mail and it STILL took three days to arrive -- should have taken only two!

Istasi

Alright, I just got it and applied it and...it looks really, really, bad. There are these bubble-looking lines running all the way down, there are tons of bubbles, and other little bubble-line things coming in from the sides. Will it look better after a period of time? Should I try reapplying it?

Istasi

Well, I let my Nano sit for a few hours and now the film is nearly invisible. Sweetness.

r_s

Just got my iPod. Well, seems I should go for the Power Support Crystal Film by what people are saying here. Could someone give me the address of where to buy this from? I'm in the UK.

Also, would it be better to go for this Crystal Film or something like the Microshield for the nano (available from the
xtrememac.com/cases/nano/microshield_nano.shtml website)?

Thanks for your help!

pocky

I have bought InvisibleShield, Powersupport & Martin Field's overlay.

Although I would like to review the InvisibleShield, I never recieved the item, nor the replacement, nor my refund. I question their business practice. I have a thread about my experience with them in the "misc gear" forum. But enough about them.

The Powersupport's film is very nice. Very clear, and very thin. When I applied it, it left alot of bubbles. Didn't last very long, since I had the bright idea of mating it with the Agent 18 case, but the case ended up marring up the film. so I removed it except for the their "3D click wheel" film. Although the click wheel film would never STAY on there, if I leave it there long enough and flip the nano over, the film would fall off.

Then i ordered the Martin Field's overlay because they have the deluxe version now with the front, back and the seperate click wheel pieces. I'm a little biased towards them since I use their products on everything I own. PSP, all my cell phones. I received them today and put them on, perfect like usual. no bubbles at all.

gouged

the best sticker film can be found here:

http://www.bestskinsever.com

i just applied this skin to my nano the other day and it's just like the invisible shield. it covers front, back, sides and is just as strong since it uses the exact same material. the best part is that it's only a fraction of the price of invisible shield so there's really no debating on whether or not to get it.

i wrote a little ongoing review here:

http://forums.ilounge.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=126164