What is the best sticker film for nano?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

kloan

SSMoy
I just got the decalgirl one in the mail.

I used the screen cover with a skin, it's the same clear as the full sized cover.. I can tell you right now don't bother, it's a waste of money. It leaves the screen hazy, it's nowhere clear enough now.. looks like crap imo.

MAX_POWERS

I got the decalgirls skins. The black, burlwood, and clear.The burlwood skin would look nice if I was able to put it on straight, the vinyl stretches a lot. It is hard to get the area around the clickwheel even. The front clear skin is one piece. The center button gets smashed in, the button does not have that nice click to it. I just kept the back clear skin on and covered the screen. I have white nano, so you don't notice the scratches. I would not recommend the skins, waste of money.

civicboi

i just use the plastic cover it came in, i flipped it so that the words are on bottom, but after a day of heat from my pockets the words just rubs off.

its a good temp for me.

strenF

invisible shield really works well actually. it is actually sort of sticky on one side , but i got it on my black nano now and it really looks good. also, oddly enuff, the click wheel actually operates a little better.

kloan

SSMoy
MAX_POWERS said:
I got the decalgirls skins. The black, burlwood, and clear.The burlwood skin would look nice if I was able to put it on straight, the vinyl stretches a lot. It is hard to get the area around the clickwheel even. The front clear skin is one piece. The center button gets smashed in, the button does not have that nice click to it. I just kept the back clear skin on and covered the screen. I have white nano, so you don't notice the scratches. I would not recommend the skins, waste of money.
Yeah, I got the burlwood as well.. it stretches and doesn't go on straight, no matter how many times I try to reposition it.

I ended up keeping the burlwood on the back, and the click wheel, since I think the grey color is ugly..

Other than that, it's pretty much a waste of money since shipping is so expensive..

Next one I get, if I am going to get another one, I'll get from eBay.

Ipod Monk

I only have one thing to say:

I cant believe my post went to the front page of iLounge.com. I am honored. And yes, i am a freshman lounger.

oh, and thanks for the advice

robinchee

Website
www.rpmerleon.com
I have both the Decalgirl crystal (clear skin) and Martin overlay and invisible shield. I've put the martin over lay on the front, and decal girl on the back. Not used the invisible shield yet.

I've seen pictures of installed invisible shield .. also not that clear.

For clarity, the overlayplus can't be beaten. Its clear, and glossy, like the original finish. But infinitely more scratch proof ..

blufire

robinchee said:
I have both the Decalgirl crystal (clear skin) and Martin overlay and invisible shield. I've put the martin over lay on the front, and decal girl on the back. Not used the invisible shield yet.
I ordered a Martin overlay and I was considering a Decalgirl Crystal for the back. How does it look? I've seen some pictures of the Decalgirl plauged by air bubbles, and I haven't heard the best things about it.. but it'd be nice to have cheap protection for the back (as long as it looks good). Any photos? :) Thanks!!

robinchee

Website
www.rpmerleon.com
blufire said:
I ordered a Martin overlay and I was considering a Decalgirl Crystal for the back. How does it look? I've seen some pictures of the Decalgirl plauged by air bubbles, and I haven't heard the best things about it.. but it'd be nice to have cheap protection for the back (as long as it looks good). Any photos? :) Thanks!!
The martin field is only for the front. the decalgirl crystal is for back and front. Currently, my front is using martin field and back using decalgirl crystal. The back loses its chrome look quite alot. I'm keeping it for the time being till my iCleaner comes. Once I've got rid of the scratches, I'm replacing the back with something else.

In short, the decalgirl crystal sucks.

As there is no martin field for the back, i've just bought a bigger martin field for pda, and I'll cut it down to size (though its very slightly shorter) and put it on the back. Not sure whether it will stick well to the chrome though. But I'm going to give it a try.

But before that, I'm trying a cheap no brand back overlay, which looks smoother than decalgirl. Will let you know.

danielboy

The invisible shield one isn't the best looking but it sure is going to stay on there. The wet application process makes it really adhere to the surface. Not sure about the removal though. I think it should be find cos the glue they use seems to be water-soluble.

Also the invisible shield is very thick as far as films go. And it's kind of bouncy to the the touch. So it might even protect the ipod from some mild knocks.

Yellow_guy

Got the Decalgirl one as well. Never used stickers before, but I'm sure it's one of the worst you can find. Total waste of money.

tarZen

Does the Brando protector cover the whole of the front or just the screen?

[email protected]

Website
ryannelai.com
i'm using the invisible shield and it works perfectly!!!

it covers the front and back fully, makes my nano look even more glossy, and the whole thing is soo clear (including the screen) that my friends couldn't notice it was there unless i told them!

in addition to scratch-protection, i also bought some silicone cases to protect my nano from bumps :) they look like the nano tubes from apple, but only cost US$8.7 each!

full set of photos: flickr.com/photos/laihiu/sets/941049/

bguise

Oakley Bag Case

MaStAViC said:
My friend just gave me an Oakley sunglasses case (the soft material type). Putting my iPod Nano in that shouldn't scratch it, right?

Thanks,
-=MaStA ViC
Believe it or not, in the past I used an Oakley bag for an ipod case. These things are friggin' fantastic as a makeshift case. Not only are they specifically designed using a material that will not scratch anything (including any ipod) - which may be silk or some sort of polymer, but you can use the click wheel through the material if you're worried about getting it dirty. I kept my 4G ipod in an Oakley bag for the first couple of months that I had it, and it was in factory condition by the time I got a case. Plus, they are only about five bucks - if you want one, just ask at any place that Oakleys are sold.

Also, Power Support's crystal film is worth its weight in gold.

awkuan

Oakley bags & Invisible Shield

Hi guyz, DO NOT use the Oakley bag (I think they call it microfiber or micro bag) to store the Nano. I purchased my first White Nano the day it was introduced, and I kept it in the Oakley bag ALL THE TIME except to change songs. By the 13th day I noticed that there were hundreds of small scratches that covered the front and the back of the player (it is only noticeable when light is shined on it). There was no way to get rid of the scratches, so I returned my Nano and paid 10% restocking fee ($25!!).

I think the problem with the microfiber bag is that there are tiny holes that may allow sand/small particles to get in the bag and rub against the Nano. I'm not very sure tho, because I know I didn't have sand in my pocket.

I think keeping the Nano is any loose bag is a bad idea since as long as you have small particles in there, it will rub and cause scratches on the Nano. The best thing is to leave the Nano out, and better yet, keep the "DO NOT STEAL MUSIC" flim over it until you find a tight skin or case for it. The Nano scratches TOO EASILY and any little dinky sand will make it look like you've owned it for 2 years already.

I did end up buying another White Nano. This time I kept the "do not steal" film on until my Invisible Shiled arrived. I have never tried any other type of films, but the Invisible Shiled is a really good product. It is not noticeable in the front or the back. I did screw up a little on the side edge of the Nano when I was applying the film and ended up with a bubble on each side. The bubbles does not interfere with the protection, but if you're careful you can get rid of the bubbles (I didn't think bubbles can form on the side so I didn't pay attention to it).

I have used LCD protectors on my PDA before, and those usually hindered the view of the screen at least a little bit, and often had bubbles. The Invisible Shield formed 0 bubbles on the front or the back (if you're careful on the side you shouldn't get any either)... and it's pretty much invisible. The click wheel is a little more sensitive than before (since it now has a glossy texture)... I think I like it better this way. For $20, it's a fair investment considering it has lifetime warranty...

I'm sill going to purchase the Nano Tubes when those come out, and put my shielded Nano in it.

The main message I want to bring across is... DO NOT USE THE OAKLEY MICROFIBER BAG or bags of any kind for your Nano. Keep the "do not steal" tag on until you find a skin or apply a film on it!!!!

nomad01

BananaPod said:
After seeing the ones by Decalgirl and Invisible Shield (both are too textured looking - kind of like the front of a refrigerator) I decided on the Martin Fields ones. Some people have posted pics over at the Apple Discussion Forums.
I've trued the Decal Girl ones and the Martin Fields.

The MF one is by far the best. Doesn't look like you've got a cover on the nano. So clear and glossy. I just use the Decalgirl for the back of the nano.

Also, Crumpler make a case called The PP that looks made for the nano. Got mine from Jessops for 8.49. The PP 50 is the smallest and just a bit bigger than the nano but they go up in size. I think the 60 or 65 is the next one up.