What is the best sticker film for nano?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

mtnagel

I have no idea, but I ordered the decalgirl one, so I'll let you know what I think when I get it this week.

gouged

mtnagel, i'd be curious if you could give a review of the clear decalgirl skin when you get it (how it holds up to scratches and whether or not it comes off easily when you slip it in your pocket)

-James

Website
www.google.co.uk
Well iLounge gave the Power Support one a very good wright up. If i could find a site selling that in the UK, then that's the one i'd get.

SephCast

I just took the one that came with it on the front of the Nano, put it on the back, and cut off the extra tab at the bottom. Works like a charm.

Rod Smith

SephCast said:
I just took the one that came with it on the front of the Nano, put it on the back, and cut off the extra tab at the bottom. Works like a charm.
So you took a protective sticker off the screen and put it on the metal side?

Stuart_AUST

Diagnosis: podsession
Depends- do you want to.

Apparently the Black nano scratches really easy. Well, probably so do all the other ipods out there with plastic cases (which is all except the mini), but black shows up ALOT more.

If you have white, its probably safe to take it off, scratches wouldn't be overly visible, but if you have black, then be prepared for scratches and the sort.

MaStAViC

Website
www.mastavic.com
Stuart_AUST said:
Depends- do you want to.

Apparently the Black nano scratches really easy. Well, probably so do all the other ipods out there with plastic cases (which is all except the mini), but black shows up ALOT more.

If you have white, its probably safe to take it off, scratches wouldn't be overly visible, but if you have black, then be prepared for scratches and the sort.
Thanks for the reply. I remember being told by someone over a year ago that I shouldn't keep protective stickers on cell phone screens because as the cell phone heats up (when it's being used) the goo of the protective sticker will go onto the screen and it'll be hard or impossible to remove. Is that true? Should I remove my protective sticker from my Nano (it's black)?

Thanks,
-=MaStA ViC

Stuart_AUST

Diagnosis: podsession
I doubt it will melt and go over your screen- I wouldn't be too worried about that too much.

And as for removing the sticker- well, it's up to you.
By the time i take mine out of the box i'll probably have an iskin duo case for it, or at the very least some tubes.

If it doesn't mangle with the normal use of the ipod then i would leave it on, but i would probably take the 'dont steal music' sticker off- that thing would get on my nerves.

MaStAViC

Website
www.mastavic.com
Stuart_AUST said:
I doubt it will melt and go over your screen- I wouldn't be too worried about that too much.

And as for removing the sticker- well, it's up to you.
By the time i take mine out of the box i'll probably have an iskin duo case for it, or at the very least some tubes.

If it doesn't mangle with the normal use of the ipod then i would leave it on, but i would probably take the 'dont steal music' sticker off- that thing would get on my nerves.
Thanks. Yeah, I took that "Don't Steal Music" plastic off right away =P Was pretty surprised to find such a phrase there... hehe.

-=MaStA ViC

Rod Smith

MaStAViC said:
Ah, I was under the assumption that you were already stealing music... lol.

-=MaStA ViC
HaHa, I let my friends store some of their music on my hard drive for safe keeping. I never listen to those tracks though ;), so it's not stealing, right?

I put a screen protector on my pod because scratches on the screen might make the small screen harder to see for viewing pictures, or text. The screen protector does obscure the view itself, but not too much and I can always replace if it gets worse (easy to restore to current condition). I don't think the glue will leave a residue, but glue is easier to remove than scratches, I imagine.

BananaPod

After seeing the ones by Decalgirl and Invisible Shield (both are too textured looking - kind of like the front of a refrigerator) I decided on the Martin Fields ones (www.overlayplus.com). Some people have posted pics over at the Apple Discussion Forums.

JRoDDz

MaStAViC said:
Ah, I was under the assumption that you were already stealing music... lol.

-=MaStA ViC
I don't understand how one "steals" music. That's like saying someone steals "air".

If I listen to the radio and I hear a song that I didn't purchase am I stealing it if I don't immediately put on ear plugs?

MaStAViC

Website
www.mastavic.com
JRoDDz said:
I don't understand how one "steals" music. That's like saying someone steals "air".

If I listen to the radio and I hear a song that I didn't purchase am I stealing it if I don't immediately put on ear plugs?
I'm just going to state what the RIAA says (my own opinion may not parallel theirs).

It isn't like saying someone is stealing air, because the latter is not copyrighted while the former is. Unlike downloading copyrighted music, most of the copyrighted music that you hear on the radio is being played by a radio station that the RIAA is aware of.

-=MaStA ViC