what is recognized as "audio book"

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Hect0r

I am an eph pod user and do not use itunes or purchase songs from there. I am looking to upgrade to a 4th gen partially because i like the way it deals with audio books. What if anything can I do to place things in this playlist. I usually download or make copies of audio book type things from CD. Along the same vane I cant get any of the playlist features on my 3rd gen pod to word.Thanks.

dordale

HectOr--

There are many threads that discuss how to turn a file into a "bookmarkable" audiobook in this forum. Basically, the file needs to be a "protected .m4b" file or an audible file to be recognized as an audio book. See the many other posts in this forum that cover how to make m4b files in great detail.

dordale :)

Hect0r

what about getting certain things placed in the stock playlists elsewhere? Same process or do I need to use itunes for that

dordale

HectOr--

Not sure what you're trying to do with playlists.

You can create a playlist in iTunes by choosing "File/New Playlist" menu. Then you can drag music files to your new playlist. You can also create a Smart Playlist by choosing "File/New Smart Playlist from the menu. Then you can specify what songs you want iTunes to automatically add to the list by setting the conditions.

After you have your playlist set up, you can drag it to the iPod icon to put the list on your iPod. (This is how it works for me because I manually sync my iPod.--Not sure if the playlists will automatically go over to your iPod if you have your iPod set to automatic sync)

Hope this helps.
dordale :)