• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

What I Learned Today

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

thesire

Today I learned not to take anything for granted. I learned to always say what you mean and never say something you'll regret. Yesterday people that I know that go to my school were involved in a car accident. The car ran head-on into a cement truck. After seeing the picture in the paper thins morning I wasnt sure how anyone could survive that accident. Espically the passenger door, it was crushed. At the time I thought wow, thats horrible, unaware that people that I knew were involved in it. A well know guitarist at my school who I ocasionally play with had been sitting in the passenger seat not more than 45 seconds earlier. Had he been sitting there when the accident happend, he would have been gonw for sure. Last night they wernt sure if the other people in the car were going to make it, but fortuneatly things turned aurond today and he is speaking. They will be missing their Prom, which is tonight, but at keast they came out with their lives.

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
That's a powerful lesson to learn at your age, I hope it stays with you for life. Glad they are going to be ok.

iBimbo

that's a life lesson that seems simple for people to follow, but it's hard until you have witnessed something similar to that, thesire.

fortunately, those people are going to make it, but it sounded like a close call.

thesire

It was. I saw the picture when I read the paper today before I even knew that i knew somebody that was involved. I thought, "o thats too bad, another car accident". I any of you say the picture you wouldnt think anybody would have lived through it. The passenger side was not even there. If jason hadnt got out like 40 seconds earlier, theres no way he would have made it.

Im sorry for repating some things again, but this is just something that got me.

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
Oh my...That must be quite shocking for you...Good to hear that they're fine...

weezer0321

Wow man, that really opens your eyes. My friends too recently survived an accident that would 99 times out of 100 would have killed someone. They were going 70+ down the interstate, hit a semi-truck, the passenger door came off, the car started doing 360's and the passenger flew out (no seatbelt) and rolled 50 yards down the interstate, the car went back under the semi, and the passenger side got stuck under the back tire of the truck and crushed the entire passenger side (would have killed the passenger). THe driver had NO injuries, and the passenger had road rash. Thats it...

It really opened my eyes much like I am sure it opened yours.

Life is fragile.

thesire

Wow, your friends were really lucky, espically to come out with no injuries. It really does open your eyes and you realize that life is short and you should always enjoy it.

moman

When I was 12 my mother surivived a accident, where a tractor trailer fell off an overpass, and landed on her car. Its been two years, and she says she will never drive again, because of PTSD. I think that made me very mature.

thesire

Geez that story reminds me of a accident that happend in Toronto probably about a year ago now. An SUV was driving under a train overpass and there was a train on top of that overpass that derailed and landed on top of their car. They didnt make it throught the accident though. I guess that sometimes that theese freak accidents do happen and we need to be grateful for the people and time that we do have.

[-Sivart91-]

iPod'n it up'!
MY cousin was driving in an Honda Accord on a hilly street doing about 160+ KM/H and he went over a bump the car nose dived landed on the grill flpped hit did 3 full nose-to-tail flips landed on the roof and went into a ditch , and all 3 passangers walked away , and he had a bloddy face because he hit the wheel , thats all.. I know what you mean , really does open your eyes..

Cheers

Travis