What have the nuts at Apple done to Wish List?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

sallenmd

Does anyone know if there's any way to see the rest of my album wish list without having to delete the most recent entries one at a time?

Making the Wish List only show the most recent 32 and having no "see all" button any more has got to be one of the most moronic changes Apple has ever made to iTunes. I hate iTunes enough already as a music management tool that I only use it to manage my iPhone and to buy stuff from the iTunes store. This "improvement" may stop me from buying from iTunes any more. I was so happy when they took away the item limit a few versions back, but this is an inexplicably foolish, gigantic step backward. I guess it's back to buying real CDs from Amazon since they have a shopping cart and wish list that work the way normal people would expect.

cjmnews

Staff member
I think it is an oversight. Try logging it as a bug. bugreport.apple.com

sallenmd

You have to be a registered developer to do that per that website. Deleting functionality is not an omission. I will simply not buy anything from iTunes until the fix it. Amazon meets my needs just fine.

sallenmd

Oh, and here's another stupid thing Apple did in iTunes 12: They took away the ability to see or change the Grouping field from Get Info for multiple audiobooks at once. That field is a key element in how I manage my Audible books and I made frequent use of the previous ability to edit multiples. Apple seems to take away more than it gives these days.:mad:

Last edited:

manchali

They did that with the "description" field in Music files too in the Get Info window, I was not happy about that either, but I guess it's really supposed to be for Video files. You can use Tag&Rename to batch edit many files including many audiobook formats before you add them to iTunes, Tag&Rename has the "grouping" field. Also, you can still see and edit them one by one if you add the column for "grouping" by right clicking on the column headings and selecting (a check mark will be added to the list) "grouping".

sallenmd

Also, you can still see and edit them one by one if you add the column for "grouping" by right clicking on the column headings and selecting (a check mark will be added to the list) "grouping".
Yep, that's what I'm stuck with. A needless annoyance to be sure, but not as bad as not being able to peruse my wish list.