What happened to higher bit rate choices in iTunes AAC files?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

djjonnyt

I don't know when it happened but I recently discovered that the bit rate size of my AAC files now suck thanks to a change in iTunes! One use to be able to select what bit rate you converted your files at and select high quality (256 or 320) which by the way Apple is NOT 128 kbps! But now even the best bit rate choice totally sucks.

What the hell happened? Why is Apple going backwards?

Now I have to go back and fix a boat load of files and playlists.

Attachments

rockmyplimsoul

Website
www.last.fm
I have the latest (12.1) on my Mac and PC, and both give me choices up to 320 kbps if I choose the "Custom" setting. Your screen shot just shows that 80 kbps has been selected, so just change it to a higher bitrate.

If you can't change this, then perhaps your iTunes installation is corrupt?

Or, if you can change it, I would have to believe that you or someone using your computer changed it to 80 kbps ... it isn't this way by default.

sallenmd

Unless you have severe disc space restrictions, why not rip your music in Apple lossless format for the best possible sound on your computer and then set iTunes to down-convert to 256 AAC when syncing devices? You get great sound when playing from your computer and adequate sound on your mobile device.