What EQ do you use?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Hect0r

I am using dance right now on a 3rd gen. Seems to be the lesser of all evils. Which one are you using and why?

aquatika

Depends what I'm listening to, if it's Apple Lossless it's set to Flat. For AAC I use Bass Boost.

Headphones make a difference as well, for the KSC-35's I find I don't really need any EQ, for my Grado SR-60's bass boost.

iJerry

bass reducer and it seems crazy as i use the apple stock headphones but i like my music loud but the bass makes the plastic squeek so i reduce the bass and its all good although the bass is still present

mjk

Either rock or none. But most of my stuff is, well, rock.

Angelfly

Account Frozen - Sock Puppet
Rock seems to be the setting of choice for most types of music on my Shures. When I had EX71's I found myself using the dance setting and listening to dance alot - thanks to that lovely booming bass.

Joshdude

One cool dude, indeed.
I use bass booster or loudness. When I'm using my Apple in-ears I only use bass booster if I want some supah thumpy bass, because I get pretty good bass anyway. I use loudness with my Philips HN900s.

Hect0r

Is it true that the 4th gens can choose different eqs for different genres?

Orcrist

I'm not using any eq. But I might consider using one which makes al my songs sound better then they sound now. Just the problem that I got a large variety in my Libary, that it takes to much time to change the eq every time I'm listening to another genre.

UK Baz

Website
www.bazv.net
Ive found that the 'Classical' setting is pretty much the same as 'Acoustic' - they both sound good as the bass is not distorted on the ipod headphones, my sennheisers, my home setup, and in my car too!! The midrange and the treble levels are good on those settings too.

The others sound horrible. Not relistic at all.

Is there a way to change these settings to your own setting by any chance?? I dont think there is but would be a fantastic addon to the ipod.

Baz

DaMan464

My headphones can handle a ton of bass, no problem. But, since iPods (and every other MP3 player) come with tiny, low-end amplifiers inside, many bass-boosting equalizer settings put to much into the amp, causing sound to clip. Therefore, I'm working on two solutions:
1)Build the CMoy external amplifier, so that I can use any EQ, turn the volume to like 5%, and amplify with a better external amp

2)I've requested on Apple's iPod feedback page that iTune EQ presets made by you can be used on iPods.

So, I use the flat setting.