• With the number of recent threads from brand new users that we have observed in our Classifieds forum selling goods under questionable circumstances, we have instituted a new policy restricting new members of iLounge from posting new threads in the Classifieds forum until they have reached "Regular Member" status.

New users become Regular Members once they have made 10 posts and been a member of the iLounge Forums for at least 7 days. Prior to this time, members may still read the Classifieds forum, and even respond to existing threads for items being sold by other members, but they may not create new threads advertising their own items for sale.

This will hopefully help to protect our user community by discouraging fraudulent users from signing up and posting classified ads without having at least a very basic level of established membership in our forums.

Obviously all users should still exercise due diligence when making use of our classifieds forums, but we hope that this restriction will help to decrease the number of blatantly fraudulent ads that we have been seeing in recent weeks.

Please be sure to review our Classified Forum Policy for more information.

What else could you get with the ipod money ?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

Verita'

Banned
Website
www.onlinephotography.com
lilsuprano said:
probably 1/4 of a ticket :p ....they were really expensive!

For the price of an iPod...hmm....lots of stuff, but better off blowing $300 on something like the iPod.

And Z10N, I'm not gonna take sides here, but if you wanna go attaching pictures of you, your wife and whatever else, start a new thread or something, but don't go posting them in just any thread, it throws off the discussion.....maybe you should join a photography forum or something, because people over here really don't care if you can get a 9GB file using a film camera, or a 538KB file using a digicam...nor do we need a thread with baby pictures of people.

Eric

I was asked to post those pictures, otherwise I wouldn't have put them up. As far as a specific thread, I've already done that, but these two monkeys decided to ruin that due to their own insecurities.

melsmusic

Z10N I don't see the eye matches the rest of the face either. Not just the colour. It's the eyebrow shape .. the skin colour .. heck it's everything. I just don't see that eye on that face.

Not saying your wife is not nice looking .... I'm a female so I'm not the best person to ask but I just cannot see it ... no matter what light you have or what camera you have. Unless you airbrushed it ... taken out any wrinkles, changed the colour, changed the shape. Maybe then I could see it !!!

baggss

Stoopid Ameican Rednek
Wow! Monkeys. Hey Kris, which monkey are you again? I suppose we could take that as a racial slur....

melsmusic

What is this thread about again :D I forgot. Oh that's right .... Ummm I want a DVD recorder with 160 gig hard-drive instead of an ipod.

Oh wait I just bought that today and it's GREAT MATE .... and I still have the ipod !!!!

Only now I have to work out how the damn thing works. Recorded my Elvis specials ... from video to the hard drive and will burn them later .... so I'm half happy anyways.

Got the connections all OK except for the TV tuner on the plasma ... anyone know how to fix that up ? Since we are on a "anything goes" thread ....

:cool:

Verita'

Banned
Website
melsmusic said:
Z10N I don't see the eye matches the rest of the face either. Not just the colour. It's the eyebrow shape .. the skin colour .. heck it's everything. I just don't see that eye on that face.

Not saying your wife is not nice looking .... I'm a female so I'm not the best person to ask but I just cannot see it ... no matter what light you have or what camera you have. Unless you airbrushed it ... taken out any wrinkles, changed the colour, changed the shape. Maybe then I could see it !!!
I tried to PM you but your box is full.

Trust me, it's her eye, she'd just come back from the spa with a custom makeup job so I took a bunch of photos. Here's a few more and they havent been "touched up" at all, it's just the magic of a great macro photography.

http://img300.echo.cx/img300/3001/greeneyedgal20ei.jpg

http://img134.echo.cx/img134/6490/greeneyedgal49zo.jpg

As an experiment... look in the mirror and notice the relative color of your eye. Now lean closer, open your eye a bit more and shine a bright light on your fase and eye (light should be as close to pure white as possible). You'll see entirely different hues that otherwise you and others would never notice. This is how macro photography works, it's designed to concentrate on the true color and fine details of a subject, ones that are usually passed over when you look at something. I've studied this extensively in photography courses for my Master's Degrees, if you're intrested, look up some info on how the brain and eye interpret what they see. For instance, the brain naturally views the darkest hue in any composition as essentially black (even if the true color is let's say red), likewise the lightest color is automatically interpreted as white (but the true color may be yellow). This is your brain's "metering," system, and a camera will have a simular metering system, you can even by a device specificly for determining metering and focal distance (cleverly named "Light Meter"). It is from these extremes and the ambient light that all other hues are then derived.

Last edited:

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
baggss said:
Wow! Monkeys. Hey Kris, which monkey are you again? I suppose we could take that as a racial slur....
I thought for someone with enough money to buy 22 megapixel cameras and Ferraris, he'd have more brains than to racially abuse me as a monkey. Guess it's the Paris Hilton syndrome. Nice display status btw, Baggss ;)

melsmusic

As an experiment... look in the mirror and notice the relative color of your eye. Now lean closer, open your eye a bit more and shine a bright light on your fase and eye (light should be as close to pure white as possible).
Yes my PM inbox was full .. been a busy girl lately. It's cleared now.

Maybe I will try your eye experiment but if I do I most likely will find bloodshot eyes from staying up too late ... playing with the ipod, reading this damn forum & now the damn dvd recorder I won't leave alone till I get right.

Last edited:

Verita'

Banned
Website
Kristiano said:
I thought for someone with enough money to buy 22 megapixel cameras and Ferraris, he'd have more brains than to racially abuse me as a monkey. Guess it's the Paris Hilton syndrome. Nice display status btw, Baggss ;)

Good God, get off it dude. Pretty much impossibe to racist towards someone whom I've never seen.

No, I just called you "monkeys," plain and simple, because that is how you act... , childish,screaming, yelling, throwing a tantrum over nothing.

They've called me an a-ss, I guess that's racist too then. :rolleyes:

Last edited:

Verita'

Banned
Website
I've tried to tell you two to stop the needless badgering, but you persist, this thread WAS back on track, then you two went on ranting of another tangent.

I'm more than willing and able to get this thread back on track, your next posts will reveal your intentions, then well know who to blame yet again. Let's see if you two can excercise some self-control.

melsmusic

If you are meaning ME .. I put it back on track .. but then you went back to the eye thing. Sorry if I said something about the pictures but I just cannot see it ... (full of puns today).

Your camera must do tricks that I just cannot understand. Your wife has almost dark greek (GREEK not green) doe eyes in the full shots but the eye shots are just that of a lighter coloured person without the fullness. Sorry ... I'm not calling you a liar but your camera must have some pretty good features in it to do that.

Verita'

Banned
Website
melsmusic said:
If you are meaning ME .. I put it back on track .. but then you went back to the eye thing. Sorry if I said something about the pictures but I just cannot see it ... (full of puns today).

Your camera must do tricks that I just cannot understand. Your wife has almost dark greek (GREEK not green) doe eyes in the full shots but the eye shots are just that of a lighter coloured person without the fullness. Sorry ... I'm not calling you a liar but your camera must have some pretty good features in it to do that.
No I don't mean you at all, I mean the two people (of the many thousands at this forum who are fine members) that enjoy pi-ss-ing of other members. I've been coming here for about 6 monthes now (only recently begun to post) and I've witnessed the same garbage time and again.

As far as the camera goes, no that's nothing special, every camera and human eye does the same, it just isn't always apparent. Everyone's brain has a preset logic which is how 24FPS gives the illusion of movement (movies) and determines color relationships as well. When you look at a photograph you might see a blue ball let's say, but if you zoom in to view the individual pixels, you'll see literally thousands of different colors, your brain then organizes them according to it's "norm" (meter reading for that image) and you see the "logical" color.

Try another experiment: stare at a certain color for about a 60 seconds, now look at a white wall, your brain will MAKE you see the complementary color (opposite color), so if you look at red, you'll see green, blue/orange, and yellow/purple. For a short period of time you have skewed your brain's natural metering to the red spectrum, thus you won't be able to view that color. If you then do the same to an off-white or other colored wall, you'll see vastly different results depenting on the color of wall you're gazing at. And when you look at a color, you aren't actually seeing that color, rather your brain's metering won't allow you to see every other color, thus you can only notice the spectrum of a single "correct" color. People who are color blind essentially have a faulty metering system, if a camera's metering is off balance, the results will be inncorrect as well, for this reason taking a photograph facing the sun is a cardinal sin in photography. It's the same principal.

Anyway back to the topic, if I didn't spend it on my wife, I'd probably end up buying more photo gear, you can never have too much film.

Last edited:

Kristiano

He hates Scousers
Z10N said:

I've tried to tell you two to stop the needless badgering, but you persist, this thread WAS back on track, then you two went on ranting of another tangent.

I'm more than willing and able to get this thread back on track, your next posts will reveal your intentions, then well know who to blame yet again.
Mm...:rolleyes:

Z10N said:

As far as the camera goes, no that's nothing special, every camera and human eye does the same, it just isn't always apparent. Everyone's brain has a preset logic which is how 24FPS gives the illusion of movement (movies) and determines color relationships as well. When you look at a photograph you might see a blue ball let's say, but if you zoom in to view the individual pixels, you'll see literally thousands of different colors, your brain then organizes them according to it's "norm" (meter reading for that image) and you see the "logical" color.

Try another experiment: stare at a certain color for about a 60 seconds, now look at a white wall, your brain will MAKE you see the complementary color (opposite color), so if you look at red, you'll see green, blue/orange, and yellow/purple. For a short period of time you have skewed your brain's natural metering to the red spectrum, thus you won't be able to view that color. If you then do the same to an off-white or other colored wall, you'll see vastly different results depenting on the color of wall you're gazing at. And when you look at a color, you aren't actually seeing that color, rather your brain's metering won't allow you to see every other color, thus you can only notice the spectrum of a single "correct" color. People who are color blind essentially have a faulty metering system, if a camera's metering is off balance, the results will be inncorrect as well, for this reason taking a photograph facing the sun is a cardinal sin in photography. It's the same principal.
Mmmm :rolleyes:

Maybe it's because you're new, but there is something called PM...Especially after you've notified Mel that her inbox is full.

melsmusic

It's gone a wee bit off track.

It's OK ... things like this happen.

What would you buy Adam if you had ipod money to spend?

I am still playing with my DVD player/recorder and managed to burn a DVD of the "Elvis by the Presleys" special that was on the ABC the other night. It's a good show but took me all afternoon to connect and burn 1 disc. I think I'm on the right track now.

I will try your test out Z10N but Kristiano is a friend of mine and I haven't really seen him pester someone before so maybe it's something that was said ... PM and make up .. it can happen. :D

Last edited:

melsmusic

Oh don't make me go back :p

OK you got me intrigued. I'll go back.... better be worth it :D