What do I do if I forgot my iPod's passcode?

GO TO ADMIN PANEL > ADD-ONS AND INSTALL VERTIFORO SIDEBAR TO SEE FORUMS AND SIDEBAR

CaliGirl

how do i fix my itouch if its disabled and i already tried connecting it to itunes and it wont allow me to do so
what if i already tried that and it didn't work
What do you mean it won't allow you to & that you already tried? What happens when you connect it to iTunes? You mean iTunes won't recognize your iPod or do you get an error message when you try to restore it?

Last edited:

Jackson.1442

This worked excellent for me,

Plug in your iPod

Go to "My Computer"

Open your iPod's drive (F for me)

Make sure you can see all hidden folders (If you aren't sure go to Tools, Folder Options, View Tab, and check Show)

Open the folder "iPod_Control"

Open the folder called "Device"

Rename the file "_locked" to "_unlocked"

Hope this helped
Are there any mac instructions?
:)

Jesse Hollington

Administrator
Website
www.ilounge.com
To be clear, these instructions are for traditional iPod models only and would not work on the iPod touch (or iPhone/iPad).

If you're using an iPod nano or iPod classic, you can do something similar on the Mac via Finder, although it's not as easy to show the hidden iPod_Control folder. You can try using the "Go To Folder" menu in Finder, or open Terminal and navigate in to the iPod_Control folder from there. The full path on a Mac will be "/Volumes/(your iPod name)/iPod_Control"

CANTBEASKED

Easyyy

All you have to do is plug it into your computer it should say well whatever your ipods called, right click it and click format 100% guarenteed really simple

Maddy94

:):shake::shake:
Somebody gave me their old touch 16 gb 'cause they couldn't charge it. I immediately plugged it into the computer via firewire and it started. Trouble is, they passcode-locked it and he can't remember the passcode. iTunes doesn't recognize it so I can't restore it in iTunes. The screen basically only says: "iPod is disabled connect to iTues" and turns off. Is there a simple step here that wasn't already covered in this thread?
you have to ask him what computer he did it from

Maddy94

I don't often use my ipod's lock/passcode, and I eventually forgot it. Does anybody know the solution to that, is there a way to get rid of the old passcode without knowing the old passcode?
i just reset my passcode and i FORGOT IT;( please help, it was in the 1st colum of numbers and ill do anything!!!

tmehring

Ipod is disabled

I've read all these posts. My daughter's Ipod touch is currently disabled because she forgot her passcode. When I connect it to our current computer it gives me an error message and tells me to enter the passcode on the Ipod Touch. This computer is not the "home computer" for this Ipod. That computer "died" and is no longer available. Is there any way to get the passcode reset. I don't mind restoring the Ipod and clearing everything off, I just can't do that right now because Itunes gives me the error listed above. Any help would be appreciated.

Code Monkey

I've read all these posts. My daughter's Ipod touch is currently disabled because she forgot her passcode. When I connect it to our current computer it gives me an error message and tells me to enter the passcode on the Ipod Touch. This computer is not the "home computer" for this Ipod. That computer "died" and is no longer available. Is there any way to get the passcode reset. I don't mind restoring the Ipod and clearing everything off, I just can't do that right now because Itunes gives me the error listed above. Any help would be appreciated.
As has been repeated in this thread, put it in DFU mode and then restore.

Here's a few thousand tutorials and videos on that ;): putting iphone into dfu mode - Google Search

meika

my friend wantedd to bechildish and delete everything from my ipod and lock it up .
i can not go to my ipods "home" because the computer it was originaly loaded to itunes on is broken .
please help i'm getting yelled at for this -_-

Code Monkey

my friend wantedd to bechildish and delete everything from my ipod and lock it up .
i can not go to my ipods "home" because the computer it was originaly loaded to itunes on is broken .
please help i'm getting yelled at for this -_-
If you "forget" your passcode either dock with the home computer, or restore the iPod on another computer, if for some reason the option to restore doesn't come up immediately, put it in DFU mode and restore.

That's it, there will never be any other answer unless Apple changes the process (and since they haven't changed it in all the time since it was introduced, don't hold your breath).

--------------

Mods, please lock this thread. Most of the tips no longer apply, and people can't be arsed to read the same basic solution that's repeated dozens and dozens of times so the thread serves no purpose other than seeing the same, tired "I didn't bother to use Google" posts.

MystiR

To save your touchy pod do the following:

go to this address and follow the advice, straight from Apple. Go to apple support and check out document HT1808. I can't post the link, but this will solve your problem.

Amber baby

i cant get my ipod unlocked i forgot the code

I don't often use my ipod's lock/passcode, and I eventually forgot it. Does anybody know the solution to that, is there a way to get rid of the old passcode without knowing the old passcode?
i need help please

mr-ed

There is nothing that can be done to help you, sorry. Throw it away.

Or maybe read the rest of this thread.

mr-ed

Yes. Or send it to me. Or maybe consider reading the rest of the thread.

kornchild2002

I think a little lesson from Webster wouldn't hurt either. Just what in the Hell is a "cumfuter?" I hope that wasn't an attempt to be humorous since it obviously fell on deaf ears. I am surprised that this thread is still going on since most people are asking the same questions over and over again when the answers have been laid out a long time ago (and can also be found with a simple 2 second Google search). I can't recall a time when Google has ever been broken so I am not sure what is going on.

Holy crud!

Blank! I tried going hooking up my iPod and unlocking that way but my dads "home" comp. is way too advanced!!!!!! Wat di I do????:eek: